Chris Southall, Triskele Pottery, Isle of Man and Barrow Pottery, Suffolk

2 posters

Go down

Chris Southall, Triskele Pottery, Isle of Man and Barrow Pottery, Suffolk  Empty Chris Southall, Triskele Pottery, Isle of Man and Barrow Pottery, Suffolk

Post by NaomiM November 5th 2020, 1:33 am

Might be a ch mark or a three legged Triskelion mark. Isle of Man Pottery maybe? A bit like Chris Hawkins' mark but not quite his style.

MChris Southall, Triskele Pottery, Isle of Man and Barrow Pottery, Suffolk  9d8db710
Chris Southall, Triskele Pottery, Isle of Man and Barrow Pottery, Suffolk  Cb6b0610
Chris Southall, Triskele Pottery, Isle of Man and Barrow Pottery, Suffolk  Dc0f7310

Last edited by NaomiM on April 10th 2024, 1:30 pm; edited 3 times in total

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31592
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Chris Southall, Triskele Pottery, Isle of Man and Barrow Pottery, Suffolk  Empty Re: Chris Southall, Triskele Pottery, Isle of Man and Barrow Pottery, Suffolk

Post by Deptsjon August 11th 2023, 7:08 am

Looks very much like my uncles work, Christopher Southall. He used the triskelion mark when he was a potter on the isle of man in the 1970s
Deptsjon
Deptsjon

Male Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2023-08-11

Back to top Go down

Chris Southall, Triskele Pottery, Isle of Man and Barrow Pottery, Suffolk  Empty Re: Chris Southall, Triskele Pottery, Isle of Man and Barrow Pottery, Suffolk

Post by NaomiM August 11th 2023, 11:29 am

That’s great! Was he working for Michael Kirk? Did her have his own pottery?

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Deptsjon August 11th 2023, 12:08 pm

I'll try and get some more information from him. He later was at Barrow pottery in Cambridgeshire.
Deptsjon
Deptsjon

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM August 11th 2023, 12:09 pm

Most Excellent  Thank you

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Deptsjon August 12th 2023, 7:36 am

So, I had a brief email back from Chris. Kirk Michael is the place where the pottery was set up, and they were a small group of studio potters. They all used the treskelion mark, so generally hard to know which work belongs to which potter, but later work my uncle added his initials CS.
 I added a couple of examples of marks from his work

Chris Southall, Triskele Pottery, Isle of Man and Barrow Pottery, Suffolk  Img_7724
Chris Southall, Triskele Pottery, Isle of Man and Barrow Pottery, Suffolk  Img_7723
Chris Southall, Triskele Pottery, Isle of Man and Barrow Pottery, Suffolk  Img_7725
Deptsjon
Deptsjon

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM August 12th 2023, 10:31 am

Many thanks Most Excellent

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Deptsjon August 12th 2023, 10:49 am

No worries. Here are a few examples of his work from Barrow potteries, Suffolk. If I find anything else of interest I'll let you know.

Chris Southall, Triskele Pottery, Isle of Man and Barrow Pottery, Suffolk  Screen13

Chris Southall, Triskele Pottery, Isle of Man and Barrow Pottery, Suffolk  Screen12

Chris Southall, Triskele Pottery, Isle of Man and Barrow Pottery, Suffolk  Chris_14
Chris Southall, Triskele Pottery, Isle of Man and Barrow Pottery, Suffolk  Chris_15

Deptsjon
Deptsjon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum