JANICE TCHALENKO - early and late career pots (excl. Dartington)

5 posters

Go down

JANICE TCHALENKO - early and late career pots (excl. Dartington) Empty JANICE TCHALENKO - early and late career pots (excl. Dartington)

Post by Gordie September 3rd 2016, 4:59 pm

Another pot from my late mother-in-law's collection.

The jug is 17 cm high with no markings.

Gordon.JANICE TCHALENKO - early and late career pots (excl. Dartington) Unknow10
Gordie
Gordie

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2016-07-23

Back to top Go down

JANICE TCHALENKO - early and late career pots (excl. Dartington) Empty Re: JANICE TCHALENKO - early and late career pots (excl. Dartington)

Post by Mordeep September 3rd 2016, 6:01 pm

Looks a bit like the work of Janice Tchalenko. She's a devil for coloured dots and wavy lines Excellent
Mordeep
Mordeep

Male Number of posts : 847
Registration date : 2015-06-05

Back to top Go down

JANICE TCHALENKO - early and late career pots (excl. Dartington) Empty Re: JANICE TCHALENKO - early and late career pots (excl. Dartington)

Post by NaomiM September 3rd 2016, 8:35 pm

Possibly Dartington or a Scottish potter who's name escapes me, or one of Mike Powers apprentices, Nottingham, who set up on his own and who's name also escapes me.
Base photos essential, even if there's no mark.

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31292
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Gordie September 4th 2016, 11:14 am

Thank you Mordeep. Janice Tchalenko has replied to an email I sent her, as follows:

'Yes that is one of my very early jugs, about 1979 to early eighties. Probably worth something now but not enough to retire on!!!'

Gordon Happy
Gordie
Gordie

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2016-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Mordeep September 4th 2016, 7:49 pm

Great to hear and a great find.
Mordeep
Mordeep

Male Number of posts : 847
Registration date : 2015-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by studio-pots September 5th 2016, 8:05 am

Gordie wrote:Thank you Mordeep. Janice Tchalenko has replied to an email I sent her, as follows:

'Yes that is one of my very early jugs, about 1979 to early eighties. Probably worth something now but not enough to retire on!!!'

Gordon Happy

Any value that the jug has will rely on your email and her reply. You ought to print off and keep a copy of it with the jug.

Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 7816
Registration date : 2011-02-17

http://www.studio-pots.com

Back to top Go down

JANICE TCHALENKO - early and late career pots (excl. Dartington) Empty JANICE TCHALENKO LATE CAREER BOWLS.

Post by philpot May 12th 2020, 5:12 pm

These images are definitely Janice Tchalenko. They were taken at the CPA Contemorary shop in May 2017. The signature is a written one, and was taken from the bottom of one of the pots. A seminal figure in studio design work with Dartington and Poole, her individual work probably never really received the attention it was due Sadly she died in 2018. The link is to her obituary in the Guardian which gives a good deal of information about her.

https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/2018/aug/16/janice-tchalenko-obituary

JANICE TCHALENKO - early and late career pots (excl. Dartington) Img_3855JANICE TCHALENKO - early and late career pots (excl. Dartington) Img_3856JANICE TCHALENKO - early and late career pots (excl. Dartington) Img_3857
philpot
philpot

Number of posts : 6349
Registration date : 2010-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post by philpot July 7th 2023, 7:27 pm

JANICE TCHALENKO - early and late career pots (excl. Dartington) Img_1187

Janice Tchalenko teapot circa 1980-82. Part of the Bill Ismay collection at COCA York. Interesting sedoration
philpot
philpot

Number of posts : 6349
Registration date : 2010-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum