Help to identify oriental character marks on studio pottery - Japanese

2 posters

Go down

Help to identify oriental character marks on studio pottery - Japanese  Empty Help to identify oriental character marks on studio pottery - Japanese

Post by Doughboy May 6th 2020, 2:08 pm

Forgive my ignorance as I don't know which eastern country these character marks come from but would love to know what they say. They are on the base of, in my opinion, a lovely studio pottery beaker/vase with a hand-painted scene of a hare 'chasing' a full moon in the skyHelp to identify oriental character marks on studio pottery - Japanese  Sam_4624
Help to identify oriental character marks on studio pottery - Japanese  Sam_4623
Doughboy
Doughboy

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2018-02-21

Back to top Go down

Help to identify oriental character marks on studio pottery - Japanese  Empty Re: Help to identify oriental character marks on studio pottery - Japanese

Post by Doughboy May 6th 2020, 2:09 pm

More pics of the actual piece...Help to identify oriental character marks on studio pottery - Japanese  Sam_4625
Help to identify oriental character marks on studio pottery - Japanese  Sam_4626
Doughboy
Doughboy

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2018-02-21

Back to top Go down

Help to identify oriental character marks on studio pottery - Japanese  Empty Re: Help to identify oriental character marks on studio pottery - Japanese

Post by studio-pots May 6th 2020, 3:26 pm

English handwriting is difficult to read and oriental perhaps even worse. So no idea what it says but it looks Japanese to me but not in the style of any major pottery town or area.

I think the first image has the writing the correct way up.

Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 7817
Registration date : 2011-02-17

http://www.studio-pots.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum