Can anyone help with this Art Deco Vase

4 posters

Go down

Can anyone help with this Art Deco Vase Empty Can anyone help with this Art Deco Vase

Post by seandux April 16th 2020, 9:23 am

Hi.  Hope someone can help.  I've been trying to id the maker of this Art Deco vase for a few months now with no success.  Marked on the base with an impressed MADE IN ENGLAND CRETE and a four digit number (also impressed) that could be 1022 or 1677 (the number is very faint and almost impossible to see clearly).  There are also the letters AC painted
in gold.

It measures 21 cm tall x 17 cm in diameter at the widest point (end of spount to end of handle) and weighs almost 650 gms.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Can anyone help with this Art Deco Vase Deco_v10
Can anyone help with this Art Deco Vase Deco_v12
Can anyone help with this Art Deco Vase Deco_v13
seandux
seandux

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2011-07-17

Back to top Go down

Can anyone help with this Art Deco Vase Empty Re: Can anyone help with this Art Deco Vase

Post by Grumpy Grandad April 16th 2020, 12:04 pm

I think that might be by Sadler.
Grumpy Grandad
Grumpy Grandad

Number of posts : 867
Registration date : 2019-11-11

Back to top Go down

Can anyone help with this Art Deco Vase Empty Re: Can anyone help with this Art Deco Vase

Post by janetpjohn April 17th 2020, 3:27 am

Maybe Price Bros?
janetpjohn
janetpjohn

Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2015-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Grumpy Grandad April 17th 2020, 5:13 am

What made me think Sadler was the three stripes on the handle cross-bar. That detail made me think of Sadler's racing car teapots which I seem to recall often featured similar stripes. One stripe may be very much like any other, you might think (as would I usually), but for some odd reason these just looked like Sadler stripes to me.
I just ran an image search with "sadler deco green lustre vase". About 12 images in is a vase the same as this with a link to picclick. This led to a Sadler teapot but scrolling down the page through 'similar items' found one in pink which in turn linked to the item on ebay.
I shan't post the link because it's an active sale item and I believe I'd be breaking the rules of this site, but searching 'Sadler deco lustre vase' on ebay will find it far quicker than I did. There is also a purple one attributed to Sadler which is clearly the same model as the pink one.
Grumpy Grandad
Grumpy Grandad

Number of posts : 867
Registration date : 2019-11-11

Back to top Go down

Post by janetpjohn April 17th 2020, 2:31 pm

I found a couple of Kensington vases with impressed CRETE, luster and deco, but nothing like this vase/ewer. On ebay, Kensington aurora vases. Not sure what the "aurora" refers to.
janetpjohn
janetpjohn

Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2015-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post by denbydump April 17th 2020, 2:42 pm

I have seen loads of these over the years in different colours and shapes.
Never marked, with Design/shape names like "Luxor" etc.
denbydump
denbydump
Consultant
Consultant

Number of posts : 7217
Registration date : 2014-06-01

http://www.magicfabric.magix.net/public/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum