Coil built Salt Pig. Impressed ?R - Louis Hudson?

2 posters

Go down

Coil built Salt Pig. Impressed ?R - Louis Hudson?  Empty Coil built Salt Pig. Impressed ?R - Louis Hudson?

Post by Grumpy Grandad March 18th 2020, 3:06 pm

A large, heavy, coil built salt pig with impressed mark. Last letter looks to be 'R' but the first could be 'C', 'L' or none of the above.
Any ideas?

Coil built Salt Pig. Impressed ?R - Louis Hudson?  20200342
Coil built Salt Pig. Impressed ?R - Louis Hudson?  20200343
Coil built Salt Pig. Impressed ?R - Louis Hudson?  20200345
Coil built Salt Pig. Impressed ?R - Louis Hudson?  20200344
Grumpy Grandad
Grumpy Grandad

Number of posts : 867
Registration date : 2019-11-11

Back to top Go down

Coil built Salt Pig. Impressed ?R - Louis Hudson?  Empty Re: Coil built Salt Pig. Impressed ?R - Louis Hudson?

Post by NaomiM March 18th 2020, 3:42 pm

Maybe a Louis Hudson mark?

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31868
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Coil built Salt Pig. Impressed ?R - Louis Hudson?  Empty Re: Coil built Salt Pig. Impressed ?R - Louis Hudson?

Post by Grumpy Grandad March 18th 2020, 8:44 pm

Now that would be ironic, given my green "LH' pot that likely isn't a Hudson piece.
Oddly, the two pieces were pulled out of seperate boxes last night as I was having a look through some of the many boxes in my loft with a mind to actually identifying and cataloging what''s there. The boxes haven't been opened since I put them up there 10 years ago, and some haven't seen the light of day for up to 20 years. I literally just opened one box and took the top newspaper-wrapped pot, then did the same with another box, so what a coincidence that Hudson's name has been mentioned in both cases.
https://www.20thcenturyforum.com/t26036-green-textured-glaze-pot-incised-poss-ia

Last edited by Grumpy Grandad on March 18th 2020, 9:02 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Add link to my 'not Hudson' pot and add details.)
Grumpy Grandad
Grumpy Grandad

Number of posts : 867
Registration date : 2019-11-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum