Alison and Alastair Dunn, Aultbea & Cromarty Potteries, Inverewe, Scotland

3 posters

Go down

Alison and Alastair Dunn, Aultbea & Cromarty Potteries, Inverewe, Scotland Empty Alison and Alastair Dunn, Aultbea & Cromarty Potteries, Inverewe, Scotland

Post by potterymad62 January 18th 2020, 8:07 pm

The Potteries at Aultbea and then Cromarty, Inverewe, were set up by Alison Dunn in the 1960s, assisted by her husband Alastair. Cromarty Pottery was taken over by Barbara Dister when they retired in 1990. Both deceased in 2006/7 - Admin

Never seen this Cromarty pottery around before, made by Alastair Dunn. The oval one is for holding spoons, the other could be a pin dish. Lovely colours and geometric designs. Only problem, the wife has claimed them both already.
Alison and Alastair Dunn, Aultbea & Cromarty Potteries, Inverewe, Scotland Dsc05320
Alison and Alastair Dunn, Aultbea & Cromarty Potteries, Inverewe, Scotland Dsc05321
Alison and Alastair Dunn, Aultbea & Cromarty Potteries, Inverewe, Scotland Dsc05322Alison and Alastair Dunn, Aultbea & Cromarty Potteries, Inverewe, Scotland Dsc05323
potterymad62
potterymad62

Male Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2009-07-22

Back to top Go down

Alison and Alastair Dunn, Aultbea & Cromarty Potteries, Inverewe, Scotland Empty Re: Alison and Alastair Dunn, Aultbea & Cromarty Potteries, Inverewe, Scotland

Post by NaomiM January 18th 2020, 8:17 pm

Edited to say, not the same as Alastair Dunn of Arran Pottery

Cromarty is not mentioned under his listing in the Marks book so presumably before he moved to Arran
I’ll merge it with the Arran thread in due course

Last edited by NaomiM on September 18th 2023, 1:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31592
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Alison and Alastair Dunn, Aultbea & Cromarty Potteries, Inverewe, Scotland Empty Re: Alison and Alastair Dunn, Aultbea & Cromarty Potteries, Inverewe, Scotland

Post by potterymad62 January 18th 2020, 8:23 pm

NaomiM wrote:Cromarty is not mentioned under his listing in the Marks book so presumably before he moved to Arran
Very interesting info regarding Arran, will pop over and have a peek, thanks again NaomiM.
potterymad62
potterymad62

Male Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2009-07-22

Back to top Go down

Alison and Alastair Dunn, Aultbea & Cromarty Potteries, Inverewe, Scotland Empty Dunn pottery

Post by JennyB September 16th 2023, 3:13 pm

NaomiM wrote:Cromarty is not mentioned under his listing in the Marks book so presumably before he moved to Arran
Hello, i have a small number of pieces by Alastair Dunn and Alison Dunn of Cromarty. I found another piece today hence checking in on the Forum for interesting updates! In researching the Dunns in the past I also came across Alastair Dunn in Arran but his pieces are very different (mainly animals and birds) so I believe they are 2 different people. As far as I know Alastair Dunn in Cromarty died in 2007. I hope this is helpful.
JennyB
JennyB

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2020-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM September 16th 2023, 3:20 pm

Thank you for the information. Was Alastair Dunn of Arran married to Alison Dunn? Alastair Dunn of Arran was potting in the mid ‘60s, while Alison and Alastair ran Cromarty pottery from the mid 80s, so I’m guessing they moved. The person who would know for sure is Barbara Dister who bought Cromarty Pottery off the Dunns when they retired in the 90s

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by JennyB September 16th 2023, 3:44 pm

As I understand it there is no connection at all between Alastair Dunn  of Arran and Alastair Dunn of Cromarty.  Alison Dunn (nee Vernon)  and Alastair Dunn of Cromarty Pottery were married and never lived in Arran.  They ran Cromarty Pottery, Inverewe, from 1965 to 1990. Before that they were based at Aultbea near Gairloch.
There is a very interesting family site that will.give more info.
http://www.tartansquarehead.co.uk/index.asp?pageid=48552
JennyB
JennyB

Back to top Go down

Post by JennyB September 16th 2023, 3:54 pm

For context this is what I found todayAlison and Alastair Dunn, Aultbea & Cromarty Potteries, Inverewe, Scotland 20230916
Alison and Alastair Dunn, Aultbea & Cromarty Potteries, Inverewe, Scotland 20230917
JennyB
JennyB

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM September 16th 2023, 8:18 pm

Cheers Most Excellent

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum