Studio stamp, unique vase with opposing female busts

4 posters

Go down

Studio stamp, unique vase with opposing female busts Empty Studio stamp, unique vase with opposing female busts

Post by SpiderMonkeyIceCream December 3rd 2019, 1:22 pm

It seems like it couldn't be any easier but after what seems like hours of searching online with no luck I'm asking for help. I purchased this vase secondhand in South Florida. I'm not knowledgeable about pottery so my description would be less helpful to you than seeing the photos. 6" height, 5.5" at the rim, and weighs 1.5 lbs.
Studio stamp, unique vase with opposing female busts 20191113Studio stamp, unique vase with opposing female busts 20191116
Studio stamp, unique vase with opposing female busts 20191118
Studio stamp, unique vase with opposing female busts 20191117Studio stamp, unique vase with opposing female busts 20191120
Studio stamp, unique vase with opposing female busts 20191119
SpiderMonkeyIceCream
SpiderMonkeyIceCream

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2019-12-03

Back to top Go down

Studio stamp, unique vase with opposing female busts Empty Re: Studio stamp, unique vase with opposing female busts

Post by NaomiM December 3rd 2019, 7:26 pm

The second word looks like Texno. First word might be Aypo or Caypo. There was a completed auction on eBay with a piece by the same pottery but no ID

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 32172
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Studio stamp, unique vase with opposing female busts Empty Re: Studio stamp, unique vase with opposing female busts

Post by SpiderMonkeyIceCream December 7th 2019, 3:05 am

Thanks NaomiM. I grabbed a pic of the mark from the Ebay piece. It's much easier to read but still dosen't turn up an ID on my piece or the studio where it was created. Studio stamp, unique vase with opposing female busts 20191210
SpiderMonkeyIceCream
SpiderMonkeyIceCream

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2019-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Davee December 8th 2019, 11:26 am

Looks like Greek to me, the first letter of the upper word looks like the letter Pi.

Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 2211
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by dantheman December 8th 2019, 11:37 am

I would go Mexican and probably near the Texas border

Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 15457
Registration date : 2008-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM December 8th 2019, 12:55 pm

There is Christofer in Cyprus making similar pieces. I wonder if it is a Greek word

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 32172
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum