Does anyone know the function of this bowl, KH mark

3 posters

Go down

Does anyone know the function of this bowl, KH mark Empty Does anyone know the function of this bowl, KH mark

Post by RVsaid October 25th 2019, 2:41 pm

Hi

Cancer research had this out for £10 but I was thinking it may be better than that so I said I'd ask the page.

DOes anyone know the function of the bowl? Those bamboo style rests are lower than the rim so a spoon would not rest on them but on the bowl.

The KH monogram is quite bright white and painted on the base....a bit odd so I wondered if it was a holiday piece brought back rather than an influenced British piece. Nice matte glazes in the well, not unattractive at all really.

Thanks

Does anyone know the function of this bowl, KH mark Img_2027
Does anyone know the function of this bowl, KH mark Img_2028
RVsaid
RVsaid

Number of posts : 1460
Registration date : 2012-08-12

Back to top Go down

Does anyone know the function of this bowl, KH mark Empty Re: Does anyone know the function of this bowl, KH mark

Post by NaomiM October 25th 2019, 2:46 pm

Looks like a European style of mark. Scandinavian, Hungarian, German...?

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31506
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Does anyone know the function of this bowl, KH mark Empty Re: Does anyone know the function of this bowl, KH mark

Post by RVsaid October 26th 2019, 7:47 am

I'm just looking through some Rorstrand monograms
RVsaid
RVsaid

Back to top Go down

Post by philpot October 26th 2019, 8:17 am

Is it part of something bigger? A tiered cake stand or the like? Those identations on the side might well mean it was held in place by something.
philpot
philpot

Number of posts : 6404
Registration date : 2010-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post by RVsaid October 26th 2019, 9:20 am

Hmmm I can see that, then the bamboo extensions are handles. Could be to hold a cooking heat hot something in the middle. Mind you anything in the middle would cover that lovely glaze and it's suggest more ornamental than functional. So could be some ornamental version of a piece actually used for table top cooking is where this was going.
RVsaid
RVsaid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum