Transfer-printed plate ....makers mark D ...can anyone identify it please?

3 posters

Go down

Transfer-printed plate ....makers mark D ...can anyone identify it please? Empty Transfer-printed plate ....makers mark D ...can anyone identify it please?

Post by silverbug October 14th 2019, 7:35 pm

I have a pair of transfer-printed Chinoiserie-style plates with a mysterious printed mark simply comprising the letter D .
All investigations have drawn a blank; can anyone identify the maker please?
Thanks!
Transfer-printed plate ....makers mark D ...can anyone identify it please? 65ba0110
Transfer-printed plate ....makers mark D ...can anyone identify it please? D20bfe10
silverbug
silverbug

Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2015-02-17

Back to top Go down

Transfer-printed plate ....makers mark D ...can anyone identify it please? Empty Re: Transfer-printed plate ....makers mark D ...can anyone identify it please?

Post by NaomiM October 14th 2019, 8:08 pm

I think it’s one of the 19thC European makers, maybe in Maastricht, but not a mark I recognise. The same transfer printed designs were used by many manufacturers

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31867
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Transfer-printed plate ....makers mark D ...can anyone identify it please? Empty Re: Transfer-printed plate ....makers mark D ...can anyone identify it please?

Post by silverbug October 14th 2019, 8:57 pm

Thanks for the info!
I had assumed it to be by a Staffordshire maker....hadn’t even considered it to be foreign!
Will do some more research on it being European then...
Thanks again.

silverbug
silverbug

Back to top Go down

Post by denbydump October 14th 2019, 11:05 pm

I think it is either Staffordshire, Thomas Dimmock used a D,
Or given where you are based Dillwyn's Swansea also used a D.
denbydump
denbydump
Consultant
Consultant

Number of posts : 7326
Registration date : 2014-06-01

http://www.magicfabric.magix.net/public/

Back to top Go down

Post by silverbug October 16th 2019, 11:41 pm

Thanks denbydump!
I’ve found a picture of my mark in a book that says it was once attributed to Dillwyn Swansea (on a porcelain item) but the paste of the porcelain wasn’t commensurate ,so the opinion was that it wasn’t Swansea after all!
The book was published in 1942 though so perhaps more has been discovered since!
Will have to investigate further ...
Thanks again for your suggestions .
silverbug
silverbug

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum