Another couple of little pottery birds....

2 posters

Go down

Another couple of little pottery birds.... Empty Another couple of little pottery birds....

Post by MarshallR July 11th 2019, 5:58 pm

Hello, these were bought in France and they're mid-century. (2nd to follow) I think they might be from Vallauris. Any suggestions gratefully received. Thank you! Lisa

Another couple of little pottery birds.... Img_1211
Another couple of little pottery birds.... Img_1210

MarshallR
MarshallR

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2019-06-23

Back to top Go down

Another couple of little pottery birds.... Empty Re: Another couple of little pottery birds....

Post by tenpot July 12th 2019, 10:59 am

could be mallarmey but I can't see the signature
tenpot
tenpot

Male Number of posts : 2635
Registration date : 2008-06-07

http://aucoustier.blogspot.fr/

Back to top Go down

Another couple of little pottery birds.... Empty Re: Another couple of little pottery birds....

Post by MarshallR July 15th 2019, 8:08 pm

Thank you Tenpot, just back and seen your reply now. Well that would be amazing! I've searched for his work and it could be. Although the signature is not 'Malarmey Vallauris' as he seemed to sign his work (?), I do wonder if it could be JC Malarmay for his first name Jean-Claude?? Or is that just wishful thinking on my part? I've attached a closer pic of the base. Thanks again. Another couple of little pottery birds.... Img_1412
MarshallR
MarshallR

Back to top Go down

Post by tenpot July 17th 2019, 10:17 am

vieux moulin robert perot mallarmey and his daughter all did similar stuff or worked together same glazes and similar signatures
tenpot
tenpot

Male Number of posts : 2635
Registration date : 2008-06-07

http://aucoustier.blogspot.fr/

Back to top Go down

Post by MarshallR July 17th 2019, 11:51 am

Thank you, that's really interesting. I will try and find out about the others. Much appreciated.
MarshallR
MarshallR

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum