Wall plaque or plate with deer - Portugal?

2 posters

Go down

Wall plaque or plate with deer - Portugal?  Empty Wall plaque or plate with deer - Portugal?

Post by Rochellewillow May 13th 2019, 1:00 pm

Bought this yesterday seller claims Susie Cooper but I think this ideas is spurious. Agreed the deer looks a bit like Susie Cooper mark but I think that’s where the connection ends. There are no makers marks. The front looks like it has some age but the back looks new. I’m assuming it’s terracotta and has holes for hanging at the back. Tried to research but still head scratching. Has anyone any thoughts. Thank you. Wall plaque or plate with deer - Portugal?  D2ceae10
Wall plaque or plate with deer - Portugal?  C84bae10
Rochellewillow
Rochellewillow

Female Number of posts : 310
Registration date : 2018-11-03

Back to top Go down

Wall plaque or plate with deer - Portugal?  Empty Re: Wall plaque or plate with deer - Portugal?

Post by NaomiM May 13th 2019, 2:00 pm

I would expect a Susie Cooper plate to be marked.
Portugal would be my best guess, especially with those holes for hanging in the foot rim.

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31420
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Wall plaque or plate with deer - Portugal?  Empty Re: Wall plaque or plate with deer - Portugal?

Post by Rochellewillow May 13th 2019, 10:50 pm

Yes I was thinking maybe something like that. I had a look at some Coimbra pieces I have same sort of design. I will post if I do find out a definitive.Thank you.
Rochellewillow
Rochellewillow

Female Number of posts : 310
Registration date : 2018-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum