Yellow castellated terrine with blue flower garland, gold fruit 'handles'

2 posters

Go down

Yellow castellated terrine with blue flower garland, gold fruit 'handles' Empty Yellow castellated terrine with blue flower garland, gold fruit 'handles'

Post by LandofSoup March 26th 2019, 12:16 pm

I'm sure I've seen something like this before but the memory's gone. Solid, heavy pottery bowl or terrine, 7 inches in length, 3.5 inches high, garlanded flower around the yellow outside and more flowers on the white inside. Fruit gold painted 'handles' on each end. No markings to base. Lots of crazing but looks like it might have been made that way. Lovely solid and quite heavy for size. First post so apologies for any gaffs, many thanks.

Yellow castellated terrine with blue flower garland, gold fruit 'handles' 20190313

Yellow castellated terrine with blue flower garland, gold fruit 'handles' 20190314

Yellow castellated terrine with blue flower garland, gold fruit 'handles' Img-2010
LandofSoup
LandofSoup

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2019-03-26

Back to top Go down

Yellow castellated terrine with blue flower garland, gold fruit 'handles' Empty Re: Yellow castellated terrine with blue flower garland, gold fruit 'handles'

Post by NaomiM March 26th 2019, 1:17 pm

The shape is based on the silver castellated moncrief punch bowl. I’ve had one of these Chinese versions too, but they are modern decorators pieces.

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31473
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Yellow castellated terrine with blue flower garland, gold fruit 'handles' Empty Re: Yellow castellated terrine with blue flower garland, gold fruit 'handles'

Post by LandofSoup March 26th 2019, 5:48 pm

Many thanks for your help
LandofSoup
LandofSoup

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2019-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum