Vase, similar style to Axel Salto, Arne Bang. Circled WW W WV mark?

2 posters

Go down

Vase, similar style to Axel Salto, Arne Bang. Circled WW W WV mark?  Empty Vase, similar style to Axel Salto, Arne Bang. Circled WW W WV mark?

Post by Livvia March 15th 2019, 9:32 pm

Hi there, first time posting. I'm curious about this vase, I haven't been able to figure out what it is. To start, I have tried to search online on all the usual places and haven't found anything... I hope I'm not making an error in judgement here and wasting anyones time with something that ends up being a "Pier One" item, my apologies in advance should that be the case.
I don't think it's Danish per say, but it has a Arne Bang or Axel Salto feel. I'm pretty convinced it's handmade and not molded, myself and a pal looked at it and found nothing representing a seam (we also looked at the interior with a flashlight). Finished in something of a crystalline glaze that has a satin finish. The bottom has several marks, most are impressed while one looks like it could be incised. Aside from the two main marks in the center, there are two smaller impressed marks by the outer rim. One looks almost like a diamond or fish fish shape and the other a pentagon. It measures slightly over 15" and is approx. 7.5" at the widest point.
Thank you for any input.
Vase, similar style to Axel Salto, Arne Bang. Circled WW W WV mark?  213
Vase, similar style to Axel Salto, Arne Bang. Circled WW W WV mark?  810
Vase, similar style to Axel Salto, Arne Bang. Circled WW W WV mark?  613
Livvia
Livvia

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2019-03-13

Back to top Go down

Vase, similar style to Axel Salto, Arne Bang. Circled WW W WV mark?  Empty Re: Vase, similar style to Axel Salto, Arne Bang. Circled WW W WV mark?

Post by olipayton March 15th 2019, 10:02 pm

Hi welcome, I have had lots of pots as most of us have,that turned out to be Pier type pottery, but if it looks good nothing wrong with that at all.
olipayton
olipayton

Number of posts : 550
Registration date : 2015-12-08

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum