ID German Chrome Floor Lamp - Gebruder Cosack

2 posters

Go down

ID German Chrome Floor Lamp - Gebruder Cosack Empty ID German Chrome Floor Lamp - Gebruder Cosack

Post by la_moderniste February 6th 2019, 1:40 am

Hi all,

Looking to ID a German three-shade floor lamp (pictured below). I've found identical wall-mounted and ceiling mounted shades in Furniture Forums 14-17 sold in the US by Hanseatic Furniture Company. Though there is little information about Hanseatic available online, I gather from my limited research that the company was based in Chicago and represented German furniture brands like Wilkhahn and Staff Leuchten. This lamp has a label on the bottom with a pictorial logo and what appears to be a serial number. Although perhaps the graphic could be a German version of UL labels in the states. My area of expertise is decidedly not German lighting. If anyone has any insight, I'd love to hear it.

Thanks!
ID German Chrome Floor Lamp - Gebruder Cosack Img_8210
ID German Chrome Floor Lamp - Gebruder Cosack Img_9911

Last edited by denbydump on March 11th 2023, 1:32 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : pos ID)
la_moderniste
la_moderniste

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2018-12-04

Back to top Go down

ID German Chrome Floor Lamp - Gebruder Cosack Empty Re: ID German Chrome Floor Lamp - Gebruder Cosack

Post by la_moderniste February 6th 2019, 2:40 am

Update, found the manufacturer with this logo - it's Gebruder Cosack. Searching for designer....
la_moderniste
la_moderniste

Back to top Go down

ID German Chrome Floor Lamp - Gebruder Cosack Empty Re: ID German Chrome Floor Lamp - Gebruder Cosack

Post by fatlava.eu February 7th 2019, 10:26 am

Possibly Marcello Fantoni.
If you google: Cosack Fantoni, you will find a similar lamp.
fatlava.eu
fatlava.eu

Male Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2011-06-06

http://www.fatlava.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by la_moderniste February 7th 2019, 7:09 pm

Thanks, I will look into it a little bit further. I had seen the Fantoni attribution passed around a bit on 1st Dibs and Pamono, but wasn't sure if it was just another baseless ID. I will see if I can find an original ad that gives Fantoni as the designer and be sure to share here if I do.
la_moderniste
la_moderniste

Back to top Go down

Post by fatlava.eu February 7th 2019, 7:11 pm

good plan :-)
fatlava.eu
fatlava.eu

Male Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2011-06-06

http://www.fatlava.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum