Japanese Bizen Art Pottery signed with papers please help identify

2 posters

Go down

Japanese Bizen Art Pottery signed with papers please help identify Empty Japanese Bizen Art Pottery signed with papers please help identify

Post by Leach54321 January 17th 2019, 3:41 pm

I have had this vase or a while and I understand this is Japanese Bizen Pottery but not sure!  It is impressed to the base and comes with papers and wooden box with lid which is also signed.  Can anyone help me identify who actual made this or the company?

Thank you in advance.  

Japanese Bizen Art Pottery signed with papers please help identify Img_6917
Japanese Bizen Art Pottery signed with papers please help identify Img_6916
Japanese Bizen Art Pottery signed with papers please help identify Img_6918
Leach54321
Leach54321

Number of posts : 389
Registration date : 2018-03-19

Back to top Go down

Japanese Bizen Art Pottery signed with papers please help identify Empty Re: Japanese Bizen Art Pottery signed with papers please help identify

Post by studio-pots January 20th 2019, 4:45 pm

The vase looks vaguely Bizen but the colour of the stoneware body (around the base mark) suggests not or it is not made from the usual clay used in ceramics made in and around Bizen City.

I clearer image of the stylised vase would be useful plus an image of the printed paper sheet included.

Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 7810
Registration date : 2011-02-17

http://www.studio-pots.com

Back to top Go down

Japanese Bizen Art Pottery signed with papers please help identify Empty Re: Japanese Bizen Art Pottery signed with papers please help identify

Post by Leach54321 January 24th 2019, 4:20 pm

Thank you for your reply - unfortunately I no longer have this piece so cannot provide anymore photos but thank you anyway.
Leach54321
Leach54321

Number of posts : 389
Registration date : 2018-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by studio-pots January 24th 2019, 6:42 pm

For future reference - the red seal on the lid should be bottom left and it's the potter's seal - the kanji above is the potter's signature. Usually top right on the lid reading down is the pottery area the pot is from and down the centre (not on this box) is what is in the box. The writing on this box on the right does not read Bizen and, although I do not know what it says my best guest is that it is a description of what is in the box.

The printed paper looks as if it had all the information about the potter but in Japanese, which like you, I can't read.

Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 7810
Registration date : 2011-02-17

http://www.studio-pots.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum