ANCHOR HOCKING FOREST GREEN GLASS PIN DISH??

3 posters

Go down

ANCHOR HOCKING FOREST GREEN GLASS PIN DISH?? Empty ANCHOR HOCKING FOREST GREEN GLASS PIN DISH??

Post by CharlieC November 24th 2018, 11:21 am

Unusual form and very nice quality moulded glass pin dish / salt? Has a polished base and pontil. L: 4 1/2", W: 3 7/8", D: 1 1/2". Anyone have any reference, info? Think it might be Forest Green but can't find. Thanks.ANCHOR HOCKING FOREST GREEN GLASS PIN DISH?? Img_4710
ANCHOR HOCKING FOREST GREEN GLASS PIN DISH?? Img_4711
CharlieC
CharlieC

Number of posts : 474
Registration date : 2016-05-04

Back to top Go down

ANCHOR HOCKING FOREST GREEN GLASS PIN DISH?? Empty Re: ANCHOR HOCKING FOREST GREEN GLASS PIN DISH??

Post by tigerchips November 25th 2018, 4:24 pm

Is it normal for Anchor Hocking to have a polished base? The AH i usually see here in the UK is pressed glass and without a pontil mark.
tigerchips
tigerchips

Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2017-06-21

Back to top Go down

ANCHOR HOCKING FOREST GREEN GLASS PIN DISH?? Empty Re: ANCHOR HOCKING FOREST GREEN GLASS PIN DISH??

Post by Itsonlyme November 27th 2018, 8:51 pm

I don't think that's a pontil as it is molded nice polished base though
Itsonlyme
Itsonlyme

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2018-07-12

Back to top Go down

Post by CharlieC November 27th 2018, 9:23 pm

I agree... Doesn't make sense. It does appear to be moulded or pressed, yet they've scooped a semi-circular hollow (like a pontil mark) within a flat polished base. The piece is intriguing and can't find anything like it. Also, age is a bit of a mystery. Thanks for comment.
CharlieC
CharlieC

Back to top Go down

Post by Itsonlyme December 7th 2018, 9:00 pm

Have you tried sklo union they have similar bases and very similar colours I'm guessing 40s or 50s but could be wrong
Itsonlyme
Itsonlyme

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2018-07-12

Back to top Go down

Post by CharlieC December 8th 2018, 10:37 am

Thanks... Will take a look. My thoughts are: Is this an old piece of pressed glass? i.e Georgian (18th Century)? It's unusual that the form is 'organic'... The 'thorns' (if you like) are all at different angles etc. A lot of the moulded Czech glass seems to be more uniform in structure (e.g. Rudolf Jurnikl) and the bases are mostly either polished flat or cast with a foot rim?? Think I know what I'm talking about??
CharlieC
CharlieC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum