ANCHOR HOCKING FOREST GREEN GLASS PIN DISH??

Go down

ANCHOR HOCKING FOREST GREEN GLASS PIN DISH?? Empty ANCHOR HOCKING FOREST GREEN GLASS PIN DISH??

Post by CharlieC on November 24th 2018, 11:21 am

Unusual form and very nice quality moulded glass pin dish / salt? Has a polished base and pontil. L: 4 1/2", W: 3 7/8", D: 1 1/2". Anyone have any reference, info? Think it might be Forest Green but can't find. Thanks.ANCHOR HOCKING FOREST GREEN GLASS PIN DISH?? Img_4710
ANCHOR HOCKING FOREST GREEN GLASS PIN DISH?? Img_4711
CharlieC
CharlieC

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2016-05-04

Back to top Go down

ANCHOR HOCKING FOREST GREEN GLASS PIN DISH?? Empty Re: ANCHOR HOCKING FOREST GREEN GLASS PIN DISH??

Post by tigerchips on November 25th 2018, 4:24 pm

Is it normal for Anchor Hocking to have a polished base? The AH i usually see here in the UK is pressed glass and without a pontil mark.
tigerchips
tigerchips

Number of posts : 377
Registration date : 2017-06-21

Back to top Go down

ANCHOR HOCKING FOREST GREEN GLASS PIN DISH?? Empty Re: ANCHOR HOCKING FOREST GREEN GLASS PIN DISH??

Post by Itsonlyme on November 27th 2018, 8:51 pm

I don't think that's a pontil as it is molded nice polished base though
Itsonlyme
Itsonlyme

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2018-07-12

Back to top Go down

Post by CharlieC on November 27th 2018, 9:23 pm

I agree... Doesn't make sense. It does appear to be moulded or pressed, yet they've scooped a semi-circular hollow (like a pontil mark) within a flat polished base. The piece is intriguing and can't find anything like it. Also, age is a bit of a mystery. Thanks for comment.
CharlieC
CharlieC

Back to top Go down

Post by Itsonlyme on December 7th 2018, 9:00 pm

Have you tried sklo union they have similar bases and very similar colours I'm guessing 40s or 50s but could be wrong
Itsonlyme
Itsonlyme

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2018-07-12

Back to top Go down

Post by CharlieC on December 8th 2018, 10:37 am

Thanks... Will take a look. My thoughts are: Is this an old piece of pressed glass? i.e Georgian (18th Century)? It's unusual that the form is 'organic'... The 'thorns' (if you like) are all at different angles etc. A lot of the moulded Czech glass seems to be more uniform in structure (e.g. Rudolf Jurnikl) and the bases are mostly either polished flat or cast with a foot rim?? Think I know what I'm talking about??
CharlieC
CharlieC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum