West Germany mid century Vase - Dümler & Breiden

2 posters

Go down

West Germany mid century Vase - Dümler & Breiden Empty West Germany mid century Vase - Dümler & Breiden

Post by touchdry October 19th 2018, 3:02 pm

West Germany mid century Vase - Dümler & Breiden Mid110
West Germany mid century Vase - Dümler & Breiden Mid210

Bought this in a French junkshop.

It reminds me of a West German molded vase. But can anyone help me to recoqnize which factory it might have come from? Jasba?

I am sure I have seen this design before ... but, alas, trawling through google images and pinterest have not revealed it!

The painted mark seems to be fairly unusual ... but what is it? Is it a 4? Is it a painters mark (I think likely)?

It is 7"/18cm high; Widest diameter just Under 5"/12cm.

Thank you for looking at this.
touchdry
touchdry

Male Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2018-08-13

Back to top Go down

West Germany mid century Vase - Dümler & Breiden Empty Re: West Germany mid century Vase - Dümler & Breiden

Post by seandux October 19th 2018, 4:19 pm

Almost sure it German. Possibly Dümler & Breiden, their numbering often has the mould number (1295) above the size number (18) with no hyphen or slash. Also the style of their numbers looks quite like yours. Try searching Dümler & Breiden 1295 and see if you come up with anything
seandux
seandux

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2011-07-17

Back to top Go down

West Germany mid century Vase - Dümler & Breiden Empty Re: West Germany mid century Vase - Dümler & Breiden

Post by touchdry October 19th 2018, 4:21 pm

Thanks seandux ... will do ... right now!! Great!! Clap Clap
touchdry
touchdry

Back to top Go down

Post by touchdry October 19th 2018, 4:37 pm

I think you got it spot on seandux ... amazingly, this was the very first image on google search:

West Germany mid century Vase - Dümler & Breiden Dumler10

... This is the only other image of a German vase with exactly the same shape ... so I reckon this is it! Thanks for the info!!
touchdry
touchdry

Back to top Go down

Post by seandux October 19th 2018, 5:04 pm

Can't help with the other mark though. None of the pieces I've had have ever had something like that. Possibly could be a decorators? Very nice vase btw
seandux
seandux

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2011-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by touchdry October 19th 2018, 5:08 pm

... thanks! ... wanna buy it? LOL!
touchdry
touchdry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum