ID pottery plate: Marks: "M" (or W?), 82, & J inside a square.

4 posters

Go down

ID pottery plate: Marks: "M" (or W?), 82, & J inside a square. Empty ID pottery plate: Marks: "M" (or W?), 82, & J inside a square.

Post by Analogue May 31st 2018, 8:14 am

Found this absolute doll of a plate at one of our local thrifts. Not an eBayer, I wanted it for myself- it's got such a cool squiggle-y design on the face. Put it beside a Van Biggles cat for scale. To me, the design-squiggle looks Japanese- but without Japanese marks, I doubt that it is. Isn't it cool? I thought I'd easily find the maker, but the internet's gotten worse, it's all "filled up" so to speak with people's Pinterest posts.

ID pottery plate: Marks: "M" (or W?), 82, & J inside a square. Img_0012

ID pottery plate: Marks: "M" (or W?), 82, & J inside a square. Img_0014

Last edited by Analogue on May 31st 2018, 8:25 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : images issue)
Analogue
Analogue

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2018-05-31

Back to top Go down

ID pottery plate: Marks: "M" (or W?), 82, & J inside a square. Empty Re: ID pottery plate: Marks: "M" (or W?), 82, & J inside a square.

Post by Analogue May 31st 2018, 8:54 am

Oops- where're my manners?? Hi all- I am a new person here. I hope to spend some time here once in a while, Ive often lurked the pottery forums but never posted. Thank you for any help, glad I joined!
Analogue
Analogue

Back to top Go down

ID pottery plate: Marks: "M" (or W?), 82, & J inside a square. Empty Re: ID pottery plate: Marks: "M" (or W?), 82, & J inside a square.

Post by dantheman May 31st 2018, 9:29 am

Welcome to the forum,
We normally shorten everyone's user name as it's more friendly but this may be problematic in your case Embarrassed

Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 15457
Registration date : 2008-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM May 31st 2018, 10:45 am

Welcome to the forum ID pottery plate: Marks: "M" (or W?), 82, & J inside a square. 124209

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 32172
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by janetpjohn May 31st 2018, 3:48 pm

Could it be Iron Mountain Stoneware?
Janet
janetpjohn
janetpjohn

Number of posts : 294
Registration date : 2015-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Analogue May 31st 2018, 7:44 pm

dantheman wrote:Welcome to the forum,
We normally shorten everyone's user name as it's more friendly but this may be problematic in your case Embarrassed
You mean cut out the "ogue"? HaHaHHa! Why not Ana? I am a big fan of analogue electronics, that's what that's from. You may call me Kay, I don't care- doesn't matter to me :)

For a moment there, I was thinking to myself- why would I reply to myself about shortening my name?? "Dan the man" is a name I use on some forums, too! I am not "Dan", my BF is- and I'm a woman- I just like the user name dan the man. Ive a gmail acct "Dans the man" with an S! Is that bizarre or what?

Someone mentioned Iron Mountain stoneware with a ? mark- honestly I wouldn't know. I'm not the pottery expert- my sister is the pottery semi-expert, but she's not here. I emailed her a photo- keeping fingers crossed.

I keep this plate on the breakfast nook table as an object d'art, I just love it. I wanted to know more about it, or if it's a great thing, so I can brag that I got this "Blah blah studio plate" for 3 dollars (I think it was) at the thrift store.

you guys are great. Thanks I hope someone recognizes it. So hard to find any answers on the internet by searching for the description myself now... ugh it's like finding a needle in a haystack.
Analogue
Analogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Analogue May 31st 2018, 7:57 pm

janetpjohn wrote:Could it be Iron Mountain Stoneware?
Janet
Hm could be! Would Iron Mountain require the mountain shape mark to be one? That upside-down "J" on it, might not be a J at all I think Janet's right. I believe it's Iron Mountain. I wish I knew what the squiggle was, if it's anything. It looks to me like a pickle hot dog. It's like a Rorschack test.

Thanks everyone. I think I'll stick around this forum, at least for a while. I may not post very often, but I will pop in from time to time. It's fascinating.
Analogue
Analogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum