I.L.E.A. Collection vase InnerLondon Education authority can you help me Id

2 posters

Go down

I.L.E.A. Collection vase InnerLondon Education authority can you help me Id Empty I.L.E.A. Collection vase InnerLondon Education authority can you help me Id

Post by Traderbijoux November 18th 2016, 8:16 pm

Hi I am new to this forum and was wondering if anyone could help me identify this stylish vase I've just bought I worked out that the base is marked with an ILEA collection number and have had a few thoughts as to who the potter is but would appreciate some input as I am in need of some knowledgable input thanks for reading this post regards Steve
Traderbijoux
Traderbijoux

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2016-11-18

Back to top Go down

I.L.E.A. Collection vase InnerLondon Education authority can you help me Id Empty Re: I.L.E.A. Collection vase InnerLondon Education authority can you help me Id

Post by Traderbijoux November 19th 2016, 12:26 pm

Here are some clearer photos hopefullyI.L.E.A. Collection vase InnerLondon Education authority can you help me Id Image22
I.L.E.A. Collection vase InnerLondon Education authority can you help me Id Image23
I.L.E.A. Collection vase InnerLondon Education authority can you help me Id Image24
Traderbijoux
Traderbijoux

Back to top Go down

I.L.E.A. Collection vase InnerLondon Education authority can you help me Id Empty Re: I.L.E.A. Collection vase InnerLondon Education authority can you help me Id

Post by NaomiM November 19th 2016, 2:37 pm

That is lovely :)
Reminds me of Geoffrey Eastop but a bit more textural. May take some time to find it; it's a matter of seeing something similar

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31481
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Traderbijoux November 19th 2016, 2:45 pm

Thank you for reply I shall have a look into Geoffrey Eastop work great to have somewhere to look into!
Traderbijoux
Traderbijoux

Back to top Go down

Post by Traderbijoux November 19th 2016, 3:08 pm

NaomiM Thanks for lead had a look at some Geoffrey Eastop pieces online and feel like this is getting closer to the vase interesting because when I first looked at it I felt there was some Alan caiger smith influence. So made sense when just read he had studied with him and also worked with John piper so that was a great help as to the decoration and glaze and that English style of I presume the late 1960s when as I read most of the ILEA collection was put together thanks I know I haven't identified the vase but it feels like with your help I'm looking in right directions
Traderbijoux
Traderbijoux

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum