A beautiful little bowl with possible makers mark

3 posters

Go down

A beautiful little bowl with possible makers mark Empty A beautiful little bowl with possible makers mark

Post by RVsaid October 22nd 2016, 12:00 pm

Hi

I really like this chap, quite a distinctive colour and glaze. Has the deliberate change in glaze cover on one side and a possible mark on base. One of those you keep looking at it and you start to see possible letters or symbols. Only about 11.5 cm across the top and 5 cm high. I suppose it's a style, finish and form identification that's goin to bring an ID though

A beautiful little bowl with possible makers mark P1200915
A beautiful little bowl with possible makers mark P1200917
A beautiful little bowl with possible makers mark P1200916
A beautiful little bowl with possible makers mark P1200914
RVsaid
RVsaid

Number of posts : 1460
Registration date : 2012-08-12

Back to top Go down

A beautiful little bowl with possible makers mark Empty Re: A beautiful little bowl with possible makers mark

Post by NaomiM October 22nd 2016, 3:36 pm

It reminds me of Japanese pieces that are thrown 'off the hump'. Maybe brought home from holiday.

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31481
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

A beautiful little bowl with possible makers mark Empty Re: A beautiful little bowl with possible makers mark

Post by Mordeep October 22nd 2016, 5:59 pm

I see a lot of these unmarked bowls around London. We have a few very trendy loose tea shops and homeware stores selling these thrown bowls for use in the home. I guess they are for tea, soup or something like ramen. No idea of origin but they are very much in the Japanese style.
Mordeep
Mordeep

Male Number of posts : 847
Registration date : 2015-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum