ID needed for this Victorian charger

3 posters

Go down

ID needed for this Victorian charger Empty ID needed for this Victorian charger

Post by olipayton August 15th 2016, 5:45 pm

I have made a lot of assumptions on this one as there are no backstamps / dates stamps at all.

I am saying its Victorian but any help with a maker from the blue and white lovers would be appreciated, I think its rather sweet and I am intrigued by the man and his net

photo SAM_5227_zps37b5kwqs.jpg photo SAM_5230_zps1nizryf8.jpg photo SAM_5228_zpsb23w0isx.jpg
olipayton
olipayton

Number of posts : 550
Registration date : 2015-12-08

Back to top Go down

ID needed for this Victorian charger Empty Re: ID needed for this Victorian charger

Post by denbydump August 15th 2016, 7:52 pm

Looks good, 19thC Staffs, sometimes impressed marks under the glaze VERY hard to see.
denbydump
denbydump
Consultant
Consultant

Number of posts : 7217
Registration date : 2014-06-01

http://www.magicfabric.magix.net/public/

Back to top Go down

ID needed for this Victorian charger Empty Re: ID needed for this Victorian charger

Post by Mordeep August 15th 2016, 8:59 pm

denbydump wrote:Looks good, 19thC Staffs, sometimes impressed marks under the glaze VERY hard to see.

agree agree

This is the type of thing that begs to be used for your Sunday roast. Almost no one can track down the individual factories who made them, they are as Denby said 19th century and made in Staffordshire to display your family meal. They are popular and desirable. But unfortunately due to a lot of them being available often worth less than the food you put on them. My advice use it, enjoy it. If you find another tuck it away for a rainy day, you will be glad you did. They are not making them anymore and they do make a family roast look like a state banquet Excellent
Mordeep
Mordeep

Male Number of posts : 847
Registration date : 2015-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Mordeep August 15th 2016, 9:04 pm

Oh as for the design.

Its a European copy of a Chinese design that the Chinese thought looked European. Very sweet when you think its a copy of a copy by people who had never seen the original. Its stuff like this that makes you love ceramics Most Excellent
Mordeep
Mordeep

Male Number of posts : 847
Registration date : 2015-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum