damaged pots etc

3 posters

Go down

damaged pots etc Empty damaged pots etc

Post by big ed May 28th 2014, 6:02 pm

I was at Malvern on monday and bought quite a few items , but it seems it was a chippy day , by that I mean a few things I bought had some damage here and there ,well 3 things actually , but that was reflected in the price I paid , some items can be got really cheap if showing damage and can be sold at profit , or some can have the fun ? of repairing .
Obviously near perfect goods are the most desirable but ignoring pieces that have a chip here and there can be folly , I remember having two damaged w/friars pieces yrs ago that we tried selling at car boots really cheap , no one wanted them so stuck them on ebay and got £40 profit .
I'd like to have a shop Called "Damaged Goods" but I bet there would still be hassle .."Oi Mate , you sold me this pot as damaged , it's feckin perfect , not good enough is it "  Shock 
does damage bother you ? or do you see a profit ?
big ed
big ed

Male Number of posts : 11942
Registration date : 2008-03-22

Back to top Go down

damaged pots etc Empty Re: damaged pots etc

Post by dantheman May 28th 2014, 6:07 pm

My brother in law collects glass and often buys chipped pieces as he can grind them out in just a few minutes

Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 15417
Registration date : 2008-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by big ed May 28th 2014, 6:11 pm

That's great , because by doing that he is saving a piece that would otherwise be dumped or deteriorate more , I think the salvage / restoration guys do a great job.
I wouldn't advise restoring expensive rarities some should be left as they are imo.
big ed
big ed

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM May 28th 2014, 6:35 pm

I don't mind buying damaged items if the damage is pointed out or easy to see, but every piece of glass I've bought off ebay has had additional chips that weren't mentioned or shown properly in the photos, and that just makes me mad.

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31419
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by big ed May 28th 2014, 6:40 pm

Oh , I agree they have to be mentioned , chipped glass is more of a concern than chipped pottery imo .
big ed
big ed

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum