Tellurite (Belgium) Majolica Casserole Dish

2 posters

Go down

Tellurite (Belgium) Majolica Casserole Dish  Empty Tellurite (Belgium) Majolica Casserole Dish

Post by Kat Blue May 20th 2014, 12:27 am

This ceramic dish was made in Thulin, Belgium during the 1930s, by the factory Faiencerie De Thulin (the factory produced items between 1923-1939, and closed in 1971).

The base is marked "Made in Belgium – 1167-5 - TELLURITE".

It is a mottled green pot about 8” in height and 7” in diameter

Haven't found any like it online. Would like to know more. And how can it be used or is it purely decorative.
Kat Blue
Kat Blue

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2014-05-19

Back to top Go down

Tellurite (Belgium) Majolica Casserole Dish  Empty Re: Tellurite (Belgium) Majolica Casserole Dish

Post by NaomiM May 20th 2014, 12:36 am

If you search for Belgium TELLURITE you'll see a lot on google images.
Anything made back in the 1930s is unlikely to stand up to dishwashers, microwaves or ovens. You can still use it for serving cold food, otherwise it's purely decorative.

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31585
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Tellurite (Belgium) Majolica Casserole Dish  Empty Re: Tellurite (Belgium) Majolica Casserole Dish

Post by Kat Blue May 20th 2014, 12:42 am

Thanks for good info ! I'll use it decoratively. Wondered about that metal finish as well. I wish I could post a picture. I've searched for a similar casserole pot, but haven't found one even similar. The most common one has the mushroom on the cover. Mine is double the height and no veg :-)
Kat Blue
Kat Blue

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2014-05-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum