Emparma Pottery, Eastbourne, MD mark, Mick Dixon

Go down

Emparma Pottery, Eastbourne, MD mark, Mick Dixon Empty Emparma Pottery, Eastbourne, MD mark, Mick Dixon

Post by NaomiM March 20th 2014, 7:04 pm

Well marked vase - MD EP. EASTBOURNE - EP stands for Emparma Pottery but I cant find any reference to it online.
The MD mark looks very similar to Mike Dixon's (Bartley Heath Pottery and Grayshott Pottery). He mentions potting on Eastbourne Pier back in the 60s-

I left Farnham Art School in 1966 to start my career as a potter.

My first job was in the Cotswolds making traditional slipware. I then did a bit of teaching, had a studio on the end of Eastbourne pier, and worked for Kate Weaver in South Croydon. In 1970 I started work for Grayshott Pottery who were just changing from earthenware to stoneware. I was employed to design and make a new range of thrown stoneware. I stayed at Grayshott until I set up Bartley Heath Pottery with my wife Lesley in 1974.

Since setting up our own pottery I have also done part time work as a thrower for Farnham Pottery, West Meon Pottery, and from 1986 – 2015 for Grayshott Pottery making my own thrown and decorated range for their shop.

Emparma Pottery, Eastbourne, MD mark, Mick Dixon Img_2314

Emparma Pottery, Eastbourne, MD mark, Mick Dixon Img_2315

Emparma Pottery, Eastbourne, MD mark, Mick Dixon Img_2316

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31292
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum