Salt glazed lidded pot with combed decoration, unmarked - Eeles pottery?

4 posters

Go down

Salt glazed lidded pot with combed decoration, unmarked - Eeles pottery? Empty Salt glazed lidded pot with combed decoration, unmarked - Eeles pottery?

Post by Eclectic-Dorset October 7th 2013, 10:50 am

Salt glazed lidded pot with combed decoration, unmarked - Eeles pottery? IDs009_zps93652a11I love this little pot , but as it is totally unmarked i have no clue to the potter , anyone have any sugestions :)
Eclectic-Dorset
Eclectic-Dorset

Number of posts : 563
Registration date : 2013-01-15

Back to top Go down

Salt glazed lidded pot with combed decoration, unmarked - Eeles pottery? Empty Re: Salt glazed lidded pot with combed decoration, unmarked - Eeles pottery?

Post by NaomiM October 7th 2013, 11:28 am

Very nice. Might be one of the usual suspects. First thought is David Frith but I assume he signs all his pieces.

Even though it's not marked, please include a photo of the base otherwise you're only giving us half the info about his pot.

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31572
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Salt glazed lidded pot with combed decoration, unmarked - Eeles pottery? Empty Re: Salt glazed lidded pot with combed decoration, unmarked - Eeles pottery?

Post by Eclectic-Dorset October 7th 2013, 12:00 pm

Salt glazed lidded pot with combed decoration, unmarked - Eeles pottery? IDs011_zps3a87e68eSorry pics a bit pale
Eclectic-Dorset
Eclectic-Dorset

Back to top Go down

Post by dantheman October 7th 2013, 12:20 pm

are you sure it's salt glazed?

Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 15423
Registration date : 2008-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Eclectic-Dorset October 7th 2013, 12:26 pm

Salt glazed lidded pot with combed decoration, unmarked - Eeles pottery? Purbeckandstudiopot003_zpsc99602b4Salt glazed lidded pot with combed decoration, unmarked - Eeles pottery? Purbeckandstudiopot002_zps4316c201May help a bit more ,
Eclectic-Dorset
Eclectic-Dorset

Back to top Go down

Post by Eclectic-Dorset October 7th 2013, 12:27 pm

dantheman wrote:are you sure it's salt glazed?
Possibly not i am still verry much a beginner to be honest , i normally just buy what i like and a few bits that i dont if they are interesting and cheap .
Eclectic-Dorset
Eclectic-Dorset

Back to top Go down

Post by dantheman October 7th 2013, 12:50 pm

it looks like a wood fired pot to me,it's worth comparing the differently fired pots at a gallery as books and the internet don't quite show you the more subtle differences in texture

Consultant
Consultant

Back to top Go down

Post by Eclectic-Dorset October 7th 2013, 1:18 pm

Indeed , knowledge is power. only cost me £2.50 and i realy love it , had it 6 months which for me is pretty good .
Eclectic-Dorset
Eclectic-Dorset

Back to top Go down

Post by dantheman October 7th 2013, 1:20 pm

it's a handsome pot and worth 10 times what you paid

Consultant
Consultant

Back to top Go down

Post by beedragon October 7th 2013, 1:41 pm

I really like how they did the lid!
beedragon
beedragon

Number of posts : 266
Registration date : 2013-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM October 7th 2013, 6:58 pm

The base doesn't look the same as David Frith's work. Eeles pottery, maybe

Last edited by NaomiM on September 5th 2022, 6:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31572
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Eclectic-Dorset October 7th 2013, 7:55 pm

So the search goes on thanks Naomi , i always no it has to be unusual if you cant put a name to it .
Eclectic-Dorset
Eclectic-Dorset

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum