Tall One-Handled Vase - no markings

2 posters

Go down

Tall One-Handled Vase - no markings Empty Tall One-Handled Vase - no markings

Post by beedragon July 23rd 2013, 1:55 am

Husband thinks this is a flower-shop giveaway. I'm not sure but there are no markings other than a gold sticker with no readable text on it. The decoration is slightly different on each side. One side is a bit rough with air bubbles under a glazed section of the design. 11" tall. It was only $2 so not much of a loss if the husband is right.

Tall One-Handled Vase - no markings Ravelr13

Tall One-Handled Vase - no markings Ravelr14

Tall One-Handled Vase - no markings Ravelr15

Tall One-Handled Vase - no markings Ravelr16
beedragon
beedragon

Number of posts : 266
Registration date : 2013-07-17

Back to top Go down

Tall One-Handled Vase - no markings Empty Re: Tall One-Handled Vase - no markings

Post by NaomiM July 23rd 2013, 10:12 am

I expect I'm completely wrong here but it reminds me of vallauris pottery, France.
Can you post a photo of the gold label. The shape of it might help narrow it down.

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31541
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Tall One-Handled Vase - no markings Empty Re: Tall One-Handled Vase - no markings

Post by beedragon July 23rd 2013, 1:30 pm

The label is a gold circle. You can just see the side of it in the photos above. I did notice in the light of day this morning that the vase appears to be moulded as there is a seam that runs down the side where the handle is, and another on the opposite side. I'm not hugely attached to this piece so if it ends up having no real monetary value that's ok with me. I'll just put grasses or something in it ;)
beedragon
beedragon

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM July 23rd 2013, 7:11 pm

There are some labels that can be identified on shape alone, even if the lettering has worn off, so it helps to have a photo.

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31541
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by beedragon July 23rd 2013, 8:00 pm

If the light is decent when I get home from work, I'll take another photo. Thanks!
beedragon
beedragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum