Large footed bowl with impressed pattern, t or c mark?

3 posters

Go down

Large footed bowl with impressed pattern, t or c mark? Empty Large footed bowl with impressed pattern, t or c mark?

Post by Mr Trebus Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:26 pm

Large footed bowl with impressed pattern, t or c mark? P1170513 Large footed bowl with impressed pattern, t or c mark? P1170514Large footed bowl with impressed pattern, t or c mark? P1170515

Large but very finely potted slightly ovoid bowl (large fruit bowl size) with moulded frieze decoration and mottled/poured glazes. Thought obvious quality and clear mark would make id easy but not so far....
Mr Trebus
Mr Trebus

Number of posts : 207
Registration date : 2011-09-07

Back to top Go down

Large footed bowl with impressed pattern, t or c mark? Empty Re: Large footed bowl with impressed pattern, t or c mark?

Post by Potty Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:55 pm

Think I've seen this mark recently, but can't remember where or who sorry.

Potty
Potty

Number of posts : 3674
Registration date : 2010-09-28

Back to top Go down

Large footed bowl with impressed pattern, t or c mark? Empty Re: Large footed bowl with impressed pattern, t or c mark?

Post by Mr Trebus Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:07 pm

No probs...Hopefully someone else will!
Mr Trebus
Mr Trebus

Back to top Go down

Post by studio-pots Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:27 pm

This is really out of left field, as they say in the States, but I'm wondering if it might be by Trentham de Leliva.

The mark isn't like either shown in BSPM but having found a couple of images of his work in a book the glaze and the style of pottery seem as if they could be right.

Trentham seems to have spent time teaching at Brighton College of Art, was a member of the CPA in the early years and died last year.

Basically just a hunch though and I wouldn't feel confident of saying that it was by him.

Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 7813
Registration date : 2011-02-17

http://www.studio-pots.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Trebus Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:07 am

Thanks for the info...
Mr Trebus
Mr Trebus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum