Porcelain Chinese vase gilt silver?

2 posters

Go down

Porcelain Chinese vase gilt silver? Empty Porcelain Chinese vase gilt silver?

Post by Flintztone July 21st 2013, 1:13 am

Can anyone help me identify this porcelain ewer jug.   The only markings visible are to the silver base area, which does not help.  I might be in the wrong forum for this. Doh! I suppose if it could be dated from the existing markings, might narrow down to the identity of the vase itself.  I'm hoping someone will be able to help me with this one.

Porcelain Chinese vase gilt silver? 126 Porcelain Chinese vase gilt silver? 218  Porcelain Chinese vase gilt silver? 316  Porcelain Chinese vase gilt silver? 416 Porcelain Chinese vase gilt silver? 515Porcelain Chinese vase gilt silver? 620Porcelain Chinese vase gilt silver? 712Porcelain Chinese vase gilt silver? 810Porcelain Chinese vase gilt silver? 910 Porcelain Chinese vase gilt silver? 1010  Porcelain Chinese vase gilt silver? 1210 Porcelain Chinese vase gilt silver? 1110
Flintztone
Flintztone

Male Number of posts : 247
Registration date : 2012-12-09

Back to top Go down

Porcelain Chinese vase gilt silver? Empty Re: Porcelain Chinese vase gilt silver?

Post by NaomiM July 21st 2013, 1:46 am

Found a few on ebay , variously listed as vintage handworked silver chinese or tibet porcelain or cloisonné  teapots or ewers with dragon decoration. Sold from Beijing. Since they are listed for between $10-$20 I doubt they are silver - the mark on the base has been made to look old and worn. They are listed as being brand new.

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31539
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Porcelain Chinese vase gilt silver? Empty Re: Porcelain Chinese vase gilt silver?

Post by Flintztone July 21st 2013, 6:20 pm

Thanx NaomiM, I managed to find a few on google and ebay too, post war, but not like this shaped vase. The porcelain vase is quite heavy considering the actual height is only 3 31/4". Even though there is every possiblitily that it could have been made in Beijing recently. I'm just in awe of the intricate detail to it, that is, the applied gilt. It really is a lovely piece irrespective of possible value. Since acquiring this, I have already had offers, but have no intention of letting it go just yet. I think it looks rather cute in my display cabinet. Your information has most certainly helped with my current line of enquires.Bow Down 
Flintztone
Flintztone

Male Number of posts : 247
Registration date : 2012-12-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum