Drip Glaze Pottery vase marked with only a #

3 posters

Go down

Drip Glaze Pottery vase marked with only a # Empty Drip Glaze Pottery vase marked with only a #

Post by lorrgeno June 29th 2013, 6:14 pm

I seem to find the pieces that are marked but not so much that it's is easy to identify them
This 7" vase was made with white clay and has the # 71 incised into the bottom.
Could this piece be Belgium/European or should I be looking back at the US pottery
Thank you for any direction you can send me in
Drip Glaze Pottery vase marked with only a # Img_0810
Drip Glaze Pottery vase marked with only a # Img_0811
lorrgeno
lorrgeno

Female Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2012-10-14

Back to top Go down

Drip Glaze Pottery vase marked with only a # Empty Re: Drip Glaze Pottery vase marked with only a #

Post by NaomiM June 29th 2013, 6:20 pm

I've had one like this too - same coloured glaze, similar shape, and a stamped number on base, but a lot larger. Closest I came to Id-ing it was California Pottery, USA.
Gave it to a charity shop last year.

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31544
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Drip Glaze Pottery vase marked with only a # Empty Re: Drip Glaze Pottery vase marked with only a #

Post by lorrgeno June 29th 2013, 6:31 pm

NaomiM wrote:I've had one like this too - same coloured glaze, similar shape, and a stamped number on base, but a lot larger. Closest I came to Id-ing it was California Pottery, USA.
Gave it to a charity shop last year.

Interesting, because that's where I found this..perhaps yours founds it way to the USA!
We actually find California pottery to be very collectible here in the states. As they say "different strokes for different folks"
You should be-careful what you give to the thrifts if you arent 100% sure as that big mottled vase I had asked about a week or so ago turned out to be a Roseville.
The dealer that ID it offered me $900 for the piece, so you never know!
lorrgeno
lorrgeno

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM June 29th 2013, 6:40 pm

Take the money! Laughter 

Mine had more blue, but the same purpely stripes. I bought it hoping it was Chinese, (which would have been pretty good for £5!), but no such luck. Shrugs 
Unfortunately Californian Pottery is not so popular over here in the UK.

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Potty June 29th 2013, 7:02 pm

NaomiM wrote:Take the money! Laughter 

I'd agree, especially if your only going to wrap it up, sounds like a great offer to me.

Potty
Potty

Number of posts : 3674
Registration date : 2010-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM June 29th 2013, 7:21 pm

Things go in and out of fashion, so it's best to sell if the price is on the up.

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by lorrgeno June 30th 2013, 5:48 am

NaomiM wrote:Things go in and out of fashion, so it's best to sell if the price is on the up.

I know that well from doll collecting. At one time a doll from modern artist Annette Himstedt could bring up $1000+. Now those same dolls, less than ten years later you have to beg to get $200 for.
I don't think The Pauleo Roseville will depreciate..they are just too rare....but then again, you never know.
Anyway, the first offer is usually the best and before the cats knock it over.....
lorrgeno
lorrgeno

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum