Realistic glazed stoneware pig figure seal mark to underside...any ideas?

3 posters

Go down

Realistic glazed stoneware pig figure seal mark to underside...any ideas? Empty Realistic glazed stoneware pig figure seal mark to underside...any ideas?

Post by Mr Trebus May 16th 2013, 2:29 pm

Realistic glazed stoneware pig figure seal mark to underside...any ideas? P1160110Realistic glazed stoneware pig figure seal mark to underside...any ideas? P1160111Realistic glazed stoneware pig figure seal mark to underside...any ideas? P1160112Realistic glazed stoneware pig figure seal mark to underside...any ideas? P1160113Realistic glazed stoneware pig figure seal mark to underside...any ideas? P1160114
Beautiful realistically modeled stoneware pig, approx 6 1/2" length, with a semi-matte green-blue and brown glaze. Seal Mark to base has impressed or incised letters/characters. Possibly a J or T though could be chinese/japanese style character. Drawn a blank with usual reference books/net. Has anyone seen it or something similar before? Thanks
Mr Trebus
Mr Trebus

Number of posts : 207
Registration date : 2011-09-07

Back to top Go down

Realistic glazed stoneware pig figure seal mark to underside...any ideas? Empty Re: Realistic glazed stoneware pig figure seal mark to underside...any ideas?

Post by NaomiM May 16th 2013, 5:44 pm

Can't make out the mark, but wouldn't be surprised if it's from the Far East.

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31492
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Realistic glazed stoneware pig figure seal mark to underside...any ideas? Empty Re: Realistic glazed stoneware pig figure seal mark to underside...any ideas?

Post by Mr Trebus May 17th 2013, 5:56 pm

Thanks Naomi, if that's the case will probably never find out!
Mr Trebus
Mr Trebus

Number of posts : 207
Registration date : 2011-09-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Potty May 17th 2013, 6:09 pm

I think it's probably British, quite a few potters do animal sculptures, if only the mark was clearer I think someone would be able to figure it out. Shock

Potty
Potty

Number of posts : 3674
Registration date : 2010-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM May 17th 2013, 6:15 pm

Mark might be a partial M

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31492
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum