id help please? is this British or Japanese? who made this vase any clue?

+2
NaomiM
sunnyices2
6 posters

Go down

id help please? is this British or Japanese?  who made this vase any clue? Empty id help please? is this British or Japanese? who made this vase any clue?

Post by sunnyices2 April 6th 2013, 5:32 pm

id help please? is this British or Japanese?  who made this vase any clue? Img-2102

id help please? is this British or Japanese?  who made this vase any clue? Img-2103

id help please? is this British or Japanese?  who made this vase any clue? Img-2104

id help please? is this British or Japanese?  who made this vase any clue? Img-2105

id help please? is this British or Japanese?  who made this vase any clue? Img-2106
sunnyices2

Male Number of posts : 822
Registration date : 2012-09-22

Back to top Go down

id help please? is this British or Japanese?  who made this vase any clue? Empty Re: id help please? is this British or Japanese? who made this vase any clue?

Post by sunnyices2 May 17th 2013, 8:07 am

please can anyone tell me where this vase vessel originated from? any clue might do :)
sunnyices2

Back to top Go down

id help please? is this British or Japanese?  who made this vase any clue? Empty Re: id help please? is this British or Japanese? who made this vase any clue?

Post by NaomiM May 17th 2013, 11:21 am

No idea. Could be a student piece.

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31494
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by tenpot May 17th 2013, 5:38 pm

a beautifull piece skillfully made no idea who tho sorry
tenpot
tenpot

Male Number of posts : 2635
Registration date : 2008-06-07

http://aucoustier.blogspot.fr/

Back to top Go down

Post by sunnyices2 May 19th 2013, 8:51 am

thanks paul and naomim for the information receive i have a feeling about this vase might be wrong thou and might be right who know's... so will just hang on onto it t for now :) cheers guys
sunnyices2

Back to top Go down

Post by Potty May 19th 2013, 1:55 pm

sunnyices2 wrote: so will just hang on onto it t for now :)

I thought you sold this last month? I was watching it on ebay as I have something of similar shape and wondered what it would fetch Big Laughter

Potty
Potty

Number of posts : 3674
Registration date : 2010-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post by sunnyices2 May 19th 2013, 3:50 pm

yes i did list it up on ebay and it did sell but the winner wanted me to accept check which i don't accept only accept paypal payment only
sunnyices2

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM May 19th 2013, 4:28 pm

Did you have a positive attribution on that unmarked 'SHOJI HAMADA Rice Bowl'?

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by sunnyices2 May 19th 2013, 5:28 pm

yes i'm been told is by him but with out the paper work's it won't sell more than that.. seen a dealer who deals on Japanese ceramics only and he has something similar same design same texture is more like vase and had it listed for 1600 dollars with a buy it now offer and is sold already.. i suppose i made a mistake as listing it at auction with no reserve, i suppose you win some you lost some.
sunnyices2

Back to top Go down

Post by Potty May 19th 2013, 5:49 pm

I guess some still don't trust paypal/online banking Laughter I can understand why, but these days it's becoming essential.

By the way, your bowl was nothing like Hamada, so it sold for more than it's worth.

Potty
Potty

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM May 19th 2013, 5:52 pm

You can wait for cheques to clear before posting the item, so it's not really a problem.

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM May 19th 2013, 5:55 pm

Potty wrote:
By the way, your bowl was nothing like Hamada, so it sold for more than it's worth.

I would have said it was Mashiko, Japanese folk art, pottery with tenmoku glaze, rather than a Hamada piece. Some buyers are very gullible.

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Potty May 19th 2013, 6:03 pm

NaomiM wrote:You can wait for cheques to clear before posting the item, so it's not really a problem.

Yeah that's true, what I mean by it becoming essential is that to buy from most online retailers etc you need to do some form of online transaction, I have a back account just for paypal / online buying, so if it did get hacked or whatever, I'd not stand to lose too much.

Potty
Potty

Back to top Go down

Post by sunnyices2 May 19th 2013, 6:13 pm

yes because i have lost before from accepting checks sent to my address and pay it into my account and found out couple of days back the check are fakes after having shipped the item.. so am very careful and i don't mind if paypal takes their fees for accepting money for me... is not a lot you have to pay rather than losing your item and the bank will be on your tail couple of days saying the check is fake...
sunnyices2

Back to top Go down

Post by Eclectic-Dorset May 19th 2013, 6:19 pm

i would take a cheque over paypal any day 5% fees robbing bas***ds.
Eclectic-Dorset
Eclectic-Dorset

Number of posts : 563
Registration date : 2013-01-15

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM May 19th 2013, 6:20 pm

...found out couple of days back the check are fakes after having shipped the item...

I don't know any ebayers who ship an item before the cheque's cleared. Most clearly state that they don't post before cheque has cleared and that that could take a couple of weeks.

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM May 19th 2013, 6:20 pm

Alternatively you could accept cash or postal orders

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by sunnyices2 May 19th 2013, 6:28 pm

yes you can accept E-CHEQUE over paypal but some scam artist asking me to accept person cheque sent to my address i am meaning... should any one ask you to accept personal cheque is a robbing bastards like you said lol
sunnyices2

Back to top Go down

Post by sunnyices2 May 19th 2013, 6:33 pm

you won't understand until it has happened to you... let me explain paid the cheque in my account it cleared after few days... like two days after the cheque has cleared my bank called me back to pay the own some back.. that the cheque has bounced back so be careful that's all i have to say for now
sunnyices2

Back to top Go down

Post by studio-pots May 20th 2013, 8:27 am

sunnyices2 wrote:please can anyone tell me where this vase vessel originated from? any clue might do :)

The glazes appear to be commercially available glazes that were used here in the UK in the 1960s/1970s so I would say British and the shape suggests that kind of age too. Without any mark or signature and not been a specific shape that I can link with a potter, I can't really make any suggestions about who made it. Quite likely made by a hobby potter, as Naomi suggests, but certainly not by anyone of significance.

Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 7817
Registration date : 2011-02-17

http://www.studio-pots.com

Back to top Go down

Post by studio-pots May 20th 2013, 8:30 am

sunnyices2 wrote:yes i'm been told is by him but with out the paper work's it won't sell more than that.. seen a dealer who deals on Japanese ceramics only and he has something similar same design same texture is more like vase and had it listed for 1600 dollars with a buy it now offer and is sold already.. i suppose i made a mistake as listing it at auction with no reserve, i suppose you win some you lost some.

You got a bid about £90 more than it was worth so you should be satisfied and whoever told you that it was by Shoji Hamada doesn't know what they are talking about.

Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 7817
Registration date : 2011-02-17

http://www.studio-pots.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sunnyices2 May 20th 2013, 8:36 am

thanks studio - pot you've answered it all i will go with that British.
sunnyices2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum