Brown test pot, incised HP. mark - Helen Pincombe? prob. The Haven Pottery

4 posters

Go down

Brown test pot, incised HP. mark -  Helen Pincombe? prob. The Haven Pottery Empty Brown test pot, incised HP. mark - Helen Pincombe? prob. The Haven Pottery

Post by DIANE March 16th 2013, 3:08 pm

Found this little pot and loved the glaze, obviously used as a test piece, only mark I have found is like Helen Pincombe. What do you think? The HP is incised and the rest painted on.

Brown test pot, incised HP. mark -  Helen Pincombe? prob. The Haven Pottery Hppot10

Brown test pot, incised HP. mark -  Helen Pincombe? prob. The Haven Pottery Hp10
DIANE
DIANE

Female Number of posts : 164
Registration date : 2011-04-21

Back to top Go down

Brown test pot, incised HP. mark -  Helen Pincombe? prob. The Haven Pottery Empty Re: Brown test pot, incised HP. mark - Helen Pincombe? prob. The Haven Pottery

Post by big ed March 16th 2013, 5:11 pm

Example of the Haven Pottery's mark removed to separate thread - Admin

https://www.20thcenturyforum.com/t31898-the-haven-pottery

looks close enough to me , especially a trial piece Shrugs
big ed
big ed

Male Number of posts : 11942
Registration date : 2008-03-22

Back to top Go down

Brown test pot, incised HP. mark -  Helen Pincombe? prob. The Haven Pottery Empty Re: Brown test pot, incised HP. mark - Helen Pincombe? prob. The Haven Pottery

Post by DIANE March 16th 2013, 5:13 pm

Thanks both of you, I suppose with an incised mark it can vary a bit.

DIANE
DIANE

Back to top Go down

Post by skipposal March 16th 2013, 5:15 pm

The clay body is similar too. My piece is a late one, made when she was living in Cambridge (1974-78) if that helps.
skipposal
skipposal

Female Number of posts : 598
Registration date : 2013-02-07

http://Www.kegriffiths.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by big ed March 16th 2013, 5:16 pm

She did Impressed , Incised and even painted full name on some pieces along with various numbers , so yes an incised mark would vary .
big ed
big ed

Male Number of posts : 11942
Registration date : 2008-03-22

Back to top Go down

Post by dantheman March 16th 2013, 5:18 pm

looks like the same mark to me but with less space to make the mark

Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 15417
Registration date : 2008-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by DIANE March 16th 2013, 5:25 pm

Same smooth finish to the glaze edge , would like to think it is, as it was my mothers I will never know where she picked it up from, her sister was a potter and on her visits they were always hunting for pottery.
DIANE
DIANE

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum