ID help with this little modernist slab-assembled (?) pottery dragon please

5 posters

Go down

ID help with this little modernist slab-assembled (?) pottery dragon please Empty ID help with this little modernist slab-assembled (?) pottery dragon please

Post by jonni March 15th 2013, 12:45 pm

Another of yesterdays 'finds' - This is to give (with 'Dragon eggs!) to niece at Easter. I love the way it has been cut from a flat rolled slab and in just 3 pieces - magic! Nice for a dragon-loving 9-yr old to emulate, maybe.
I can't find any marks, anyone seen one? Thanks!

ID help with this little modernist slab-assembled (?) pottery dragon please P3167818ID help with this little modernist slab-assembled (?) pottery dragon please P3167819ID help with this little modernist slab-assembled (?) pottery dragon please P3167821
jonni
jonni

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2013-03-14

Back to top Go down

ID help with this little modernist slab-assembled (?) pottery dragon please Empty Re: ID help with this little modernist slab-assembled (?) pottery dragon please

Post by NaomiM March 15th 2013, 5:41 pm

As it's unmarked I would say Shelf Pottery.

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31503
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

ID help with this little modernist slab-assembled (?) pottery dragon please Empty Re: ID help with this little modernist slab-assembled (?) pottery dragon please

Post by dantheman March 15th 2013, 5:43 pm

shelf did make a dragon which wasn't at all similar

Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 15417
Registration date : 2008-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Eclectic-Dorset March 15th 2013, 5:55 pm

Broadstairs pottery maybe worth a look
Eclectic-Dorset
Eclectic-Dorset

Number of posts : 563
Registration date : 2013-01-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Potty March 15th 2013, 6:15 pm

No idea who made it, but it looks a lot like the fish you see now and again, also unmarked.

Potty
Potty

Number of posts : 3674
Registration date : 2010-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM March 15th 2013, 6:27 pm

As it's a dragon it might be a Welsh pottery. I have a cylinder vase with the same coloured glaze and clay that is simply stamped Made In Wales.

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31503
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum