Impressed with BP - Bartley Heath Pottery

2 posters

Go down

Impressed with BP - Bartley Heath Pottery  Empty Impressed with BP - Bartley Heath Pottery

Post by RVsaid March 15th 2013, 8:22 am

I really love this piece, the balance the finish but most of all the handle. If you have the same size hands as myself the grip handle takes your thumb supported by a finger perfectly and it is at a slight angle which tilts the bowl into a perfect drinking position. Bowl part is approx 8 cm tall and 10 cm across.

Impressed with BP - Bartley Heath Pottery  P1030411
RVsaid
RVsaid

Number of posts : 1458
Registration date : 2012-08-12

Back to top Go down

Impressed with BP - Bartley Heath Pottery  Empty Re: Impressed with BP - Bartley Heath Pottery

Post by Potwurm March 17th 2013, 6:47 pm

It believe it was made at Bartley Heath Pottery, run by Michael Dixon and his wife near Odiham. Michael Dixon worked at Grayshott Pottery where he produced some exceptionally-decorated personal pieces, far above the more usual run-of-the-mill pieces one might associate with Grayshott.
Potwurm
Potwurm

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2013-01-31

Back to top Go down

Impressed with BP - Bartley Heath Pottery  Empty Re: Impressed with BP - Bartley Heath Pottery

Post by RVsaid March 18th 2013, 12:03 pm

Hi, many thanks I can see the backward looping of the P does form an H making it BHP Happy
RVsaid
RVsaid

Number of posts : 1458
Registration date : 2012-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum