Italian, Italica ARS

4 posters

Go down

Italian, Italica ARS Empty Italian, Italica ARS

Post by Adam20 March 13th 2013, 3:53 pm

Here is a pretty big charger - marked to bottom 'Italy-Mod.Dep' and label ATN which presume is an exporter - signed to lower part farini. I wondered if anyone knows about this piece. Any help appreciated?

Italian, Italica ARS Img_2821

Italian, Italica ARS Img_2822
Adam20
Adam20

Number of posts : 355
Registration date : 2011-06-19

Back to top Go down

Italian, Italica ARS Empty Re: Italian, Italica ARS

Post by Adam20 March 22nd 2013, 12:22 am

Found out ATN Marketing was based in Sheffield and imported Bertoncello. I don't know what other companies they imported.

Adam
Adam20
Adam20

Back to top Go down

Post by Davee March 22nd 2013, 5:15 pm

There's one of these on ebay with a backstamp picture, it might help with your id challenge.

search for 'Studio pottery plaque Italian stamped on back and signed on front LOVELY'

Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 2212
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam20 March 23rd 2013, 2:04 am

Thanks Davee

The charger on eBay is a variation on mine and has the same Mod. Dep. mark. It also has a Italica ARS mark. So from that information I can ID this as Italica ARS. Not much on google but lots of quite unimpressive ARS wares. These seem to be better. No help on the artist signature. Italica ARS is still going and is based in Florence.

Quote from Worthpoint "The company was begun in the early 1900's in Lastra A Signa, near Florence. The company went through a number of changes but in 1948 it became a cooperative company formed by 24 artists who renamed it Italica Ars. As I suggested earlier, this is a high end, quality supplier of handmade ceramics. They only sell wholesalem never to the general public. The company's main importers (in rank) are the U.S., Japan, France and Germany. Their customers in the U.S. include William Sonoma, Nordstrom, Vietri and Modigliani"
Adam20
Adam20

Back to top Go down

Italian, Italica ARS Empty Italica ARS

Post by NaomiM December 24th 2014, 1:59 pm

Items made by Italica Ars are sometimes mislabelled Bitossi because both companies used clay and glazes from the same supplier.

This cat is stamped ITALY on the base. Similar pieces are ink stamped * Decorato a Mano * Italy around the outside of a wreath, and with ITA-LICA ARS inside.

Italian, Italica ARS Img_1112

Italian, Italica ARS Img_1113

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31476
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Italian, Italica ARS Empty Italica ARS

Post by seandux May 14th 2018, 10:28 pm

Hi.  Hope someone might be able to shed some light on this piece I found in the North West of England.  Marked on the base simply with a raised ITALICA ARS.  I have found out that the company Italica ARS where based in Florence from the beginning of the 20th century and went into liquidation in 2009 and many of their pieces bear a striking similarity to items by Bitossi.  Also the pieces I have seen seem to have a printed mark rather than the raised mark on this dish.  The dish measures 29 cm x 13 cm x 10 cm (L x W x H) and weighs just over 700 gm.  If anyone can shed any light on date of manufacture or any further info about the company it would be much appreciated.  Thanks

Italian, Italica ARS DSC02808_zps6o1uvrbc

Italian, Italica ARS Italica%202_zpspd8okabf

Italian, Italica ARS Italica%203_zpsrqebxsct

Italian, Italica ARS Italica%204_zpsmqatyecb
seandux
seandux

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2011-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM May 14th 2018, 10:47 pm

The Bitossi manufacturing group supplied clays and glazes to many pottery factories round Europe in the 20thC to date, hence the similarities.

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by seandux May 15th 2018, 7:06 am

I've also been trying to work out what the decoration is and the best I've come up with so far is a closed water lily. Anyone any other ideas?
seandux
seandux

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2011-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM May 15th 2018, 10:20 am

I think it’s an orange, leaves and lemon in a basket. Not sure why they just used an all over green glaze rather than green orange and yellow. Maybe a 70s-80s date? But not a form I’ve come across before.

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum