Chinese hand thrown porcelain footed bowl with lid, makers mark to base

4 posters

Go down

Chinese hand thrown porcelain footed bowl with lid, makers mark to base  Empty Chinese hand thrown porcelain footed bowl with lid, makers mark to base

Post by sunnyices2 January 8th 2013, 10:22 am

i know is Chinese... can't really date this mark at the base is it 1950 or early? does any one have a clue?

Chinese hand thrown porcelain footed bowl with lid, makers mark to base  Img-2113

Chinese hand thrown porcelain footed bowl with lid, makers mark to base  Img-2114

Chinese hand thrown porcelain footed bowl with lid, makers mark to base  Img-2115

Chinese hand thrown porcelain footed bowl with lid, makers mark to base  Img-2116
sunnyices2

Male Number of posts : 822
Registration date : 2012-09-22

Back to top Go down

Chinese hand thrown porcelain footed bowl with lid, makers mark to base  Empty Re: Chinese hand thrown porcelain footed bowl with lid, makers mark to base

Post by climberg64 January 8th 2013, 4:48 pm

Another Chinese one. I have given up trying to identify these. Happy
climberg64
climberg64

Number of posts : 1256
Registration date : 2010-01-20

Back to top Go down

Chinese hand thrown porcelain footed bowl with lid, makers mark to base  Empty Re: Chinese hand thrown porcelain footed bowl with lid, makers mark to base

Post by sunnyices2 January 8th 2013, 5:21 pm

lol you can't identify them...you can only date Chinese lot... i have look and search still did not come up with noting ... i don't think is that old... well am not sure myself because i have never come around stuff like these... but i just love the decoration that was why i went for them..
sunnyices2

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM January 8th 2013, 6:05 pm

Could have been made any time in the past 120 years.

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31566
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by sunnyices2 January 8th 2013, 6:09 pm

really? you reckon naomim?
sunnyices2

Back to top Go down

Post by climberg64 January 8th 2013, 6:45 pm

sunnyices2 wrote:lol you can't identify them...you can only date Chinese lot...

Do you read Chinese, Sunny? If you can I'd be very interested in what the characters say.
climberg64
climberg64

Number of posts : 1256
Registration date : 2010-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by sunnyices2 January 8th 2013, 7:02 pm

lol! no i don't, i go on internet and do my research... but noting as yet.. i didn't think this Chinese footed bowl is that old.. on till i was been told on here >>>>>>> Could have been made any time in the past 120 years. might be true, sometime with Chinese item's.. you think you've got something and at the end of the day is noting... Chinese are so clever that they can make an item look so old and you will fall for it, that is.... if you know noting about their works of art as for me am still learning but i do know more about Chinese item's now
sunnyices2

Back to top Go down

Post by sunnyices2 January 8th 2013, 7:29 pm

sometimes i go to auction house, i learnt more at auction houses... i met James Williams the lion heart from antique road trip... at flog it, as my mate wanted me to accompany him to flog it... so James told me the best place to learn more about oriental stuff is at auction house... because they might have done the research for you to view... then you view and feel.. so then you picture how to spot oriental antique item's.
sunnyices2

Back to top Go down

Post by Potty January 8th 2013, 8:36 pm

Personally I doubt it was made any earlier than the 90's.

Potty
Potty

Number of posts : 3672
Registration date : 2010-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post by sunnyices2 January 9th 2013, 8:47 am

thanks guys i actually bought this bowl because i haven't seen anything like it before... i wanted to use it for rice bowl before but now my opinion are open :) still doing my research as for now.
sunnyices2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum