Can Anyone ID Wallpocket Pottery Hands Holding Bucket "Chas" "W"?

2 posters

Go down

Can Anyone ID Wallpocket Pottery Hands Holding Bucket "Chas" "W"? Empty Can Anyone ID Wallpocket Pottery Hands Holding Bucket "Chas" "W"?

Post by jenndk December 27th 2012, 9:23 pm

Can anyone ID this maker? Marked as shown. Thank you
Can Anyone ID Wallpocket Pottery Hands Holding Bucket "Chas" "W"? P1190713

Can Anyone ID Wallpocket Pottery Hands Holding Bucket "Chas" "W"? P1190712
jenndk
jenndk

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2012-09-22

Back to top Go down

Can Anyone ID Wallpocket Pottery Hands Holding Bucket "Chas" "W"? Empty Re: Can Anyone ID Wallpocket Pottery Hands Holding Bucket "Chas" "W"?

Post by jenndk January 17th 2013, 10:21 pm

Bumping hoping for an answer..Thank you
jenndk
jenndk

Back to top Go down

Can Anyone ID Wallpocket Pottery Hands Holding Bucket "Chas" "W"? Empty Re: Can Anyone ID Wallpocket Pottery Hands Holding Bucket "Chas" "W"?

Post by MirnaMinkoff January 18th 2013, 7:37 am

Where are you located at or where did you find this piece? If your in the US I have a idea.

Though I'm not familiar with the mark it makes me think it could be interpreted in the following way:
Chas (Charleston)
VVV (West Virginia a state which is abbv as WV)

Sixty years ago there was a large number of glass and pottery manufacturers in the region of West Virginia, and Charleston in particular. I know McCoy had a large production facility in the state, and Fiesta ware and Homer Laughlin still do. Many times small makers spring up in the shadows of the giants. However, any pottery production on anything larger than a studio level from that city has been gone for decades.

I don't know for sure if that's what your marks stand for ut it my be worth exploring. Ive never come across those marks personally among American pottery.
MirnaMinkoff
MirnaMinkoff

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2012-12-10

Back to top Go down

Post by jenndk January 18th 2013, 1:30 pm

I purchased at a Thrift Store, so I don't know any background on it. But thank you for the info I will look into it.
jenndk
jenndk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum