Chinese / Japanese !!! Any help would be appreciated.

5 posters

Go down

Chinese / Japanese !!!   Any help would be appreciated. Empty Chinese / Japanese !!! Any help would be appreciated.

Post by keramark Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:38 pm

Any idea as to artist and subject please !.

[img]Chinese / Japanese !!!   Any help would be appreciated. Horses15[/img]

[img]Chinese / Japanese !!!   Any help would be appreciated. Horses16[/img]
keramark
keramark

Male Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2011-08-19

Back to top Go down

Chinese / Japanese !!!   Any help would be appreciated. Empty Re: Chinese / Japanese !!! Any help would be appreciated.

Post by tenpot Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:04 pm

I had one of these chinese prints in my bedroom in the50s ,,,,lots of people did
tenpot
tenpot

Male Number of posts : 2635
Registration date : 2008-06-07

http://aucoustier.blogspot.fr/

Back to top Go down

Chinese / Japanese !!!   Any help would be appreciated. Empty Re: Chinese / Japanese !!! Any help would be appreciated.

Post by skay Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:09 pm

I agree tenpot, I was an army brat in Hong Kong in the 60s and I remember loads of similar horse pics like this. So I think its Chinese, and could be connected with the year of the horse, maybe?

xx

big ed wrote:Burt lancaster spat on me Sad

brin mcardle wrote:Probably no surprise...I love this

Taylor Thomas wrote:Have you got enough quotes Sue?

l33ham180 wrote:the wife wants massive

NaomiM wrote:...didn't even have the excuse it was for charity. Just liked his balls. Cheeky

dantheman wrote:I think it's shit

22 Crawford St. wrote:No one likes clowns.

skay
skay
Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 3351
Registration date : 2008-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by flying free Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:45 pm

It may not be a print, it may quite likely be an original - but having lived in Hong Kong many of this type of painting could be found at Stanley Market amongst other places (and possibly still can be although I haven't been back for years) so I think you may find it difficult to find the artist.
m
flying free
flying free

Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2010-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by keramark Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:40 pm

flying free wrote:It may not be a print, it may quite likely be an original - but having lived in Hong Kong many of this type of painting could be found at Stanley Market amongst other places (and possibly still can be although I haven't been back for years) so I think you may find it difficult to find the artist.
m

The one i have is Deffo a print, but i like it. I put it under the microscope and the telltale dots are visible. . . Happy
keramark
keramark

Back to top Go down

Post by KEITH Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:45 am

Similar to an ink on paper scroll in the Taipeh museum by Xu Beihong,1895-1953,Keith.
KEITH
KEITH

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2011-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by keramark Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:22 pm

KEITH wrote:Similar to an ink on paper scroll in the Taipeh museum by Xu Beihong,1895-1953,Keith.

Thanks for that info Keith, very helpful ... Most Excellent
keramark
keramark

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum