PQM (Canadian Pottery)

3 posters

Go down

PQM (Canadian Pottery)  Empty PQM (Canadian Pottery)

Post by antiquerose123 March 11th 2012, 6:24 pm

Happy  there:

I just wanted to post some pottery that I have been finding a few pieces of.  Clearly Canadian Pottery and marked PQM but yet I am not finding much info on the company.  I am *assuming* possibly from down east (Quebec Area??) as Quebec is sometimes signed PQ for a shorter version.  This is just a guess on my part tho  Shrugs

I will post some examples that I have here -- and all we can do (I guess) is add any history that we come across on the Tinkernet World here.  So I guess this post (and info) still has room to grow with more history/info.  I must say I do like the pieces that I have come across, and find them very Nice.  

PQM (Canadian Pottery)  847164   I like them!!

PQM (Canadian Pottery)  Pb-pqm10

PQM (Canadian Pottery)  Pb-pqm11

PQM (Canadian Pottery)  Pb-pqm12

PQM (Canadian Pottery)  Pb-pqm13

It is a small vase with a Seahorse design on it and has like weeping gold drizzled on it.  Looks to be around the 60's era IMHO as Seahorses were popular in that era.  Again just a guess on the age...but clearly marked PQM Canada (with a model number of 155) looks like.
antiquerose123
antiquerose123

Female Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2012-02-19

Back to top Go down

PQM (Canadian Pottery)  Empty Re: PQM (Canadian Pottery)

Post by antiquerose123 March 11th 2012, 6:30 pm

....And here is another Marked Bowl by PQM

PQM (Canadian Pottery)  Pb-pqm14

PQM (Canadian Pottery)  Pb-pqm15

Looks like it is marked either PQM 178 -- or -- PQM 17B. Not sure if it is a number or a letter? I am guessing it is 178, IMHO Um...

antiquerose123
antiquerose123

Back to top Go down

Post by antiquerose123 March 11th 2012, 6:40 pm

....And another example here of PQM Pottery. See - I have found a few of these around here. This is a vase with kinda a Foamy type of texture to it (kinda Fat Lava type??).

PQM (Canadian Pottery)  Pb-pqm16

PQM (Canadian Pottery)  Pb-pqm17

PQM (Canadian Pottery)  Pb-pqm18

It is hard to see -- but it is marked PQM also on the bottom. Somewhere I have a better picture of it (after taking like 50 pic in all sorts of light levels). I did find that for heavy glazed items, IF you put it under a real bright light (close) and take a picture. The camera pics up the shadows of the letters pretty good. As the close (very bright) direct light helps create something the camera sees more than the eye. Again this is marked PQM.

Nice three (3) examples of some of PQM pottery I have found here. Quite versatile in design and textures !! Most Excellent

antiquerose123
antiquerose123

Back to top Go down

Post by skay March 11th 2012, 6:52 pm

antiquerose123 wrote: Happy there:

I just wanted to post some pottery that I have been finding a few pieces of. Clearly Canadian Pottery and marked PQM but yet I am not finding much info on the company. I am *assuming* possibly from down east (Quebec Area??) as Quebec is sometimes signed PQ for a shorter version. This is just a guess on my part tho Shrugs

I will post some examples that I have here -- and all we can do (I guess) is add any history that we come across on the Tinkernet World here. So I guess this post (and info) still has room to grow with more history/info. I must say I do like the pieces that I have come across, and find them very Nice.

PQM (Canadian Pottery)  847164 I like them!!

PQM (Canadian Pottery)  Pb-pqm10

PQM (Canadian Pottery)  Pb-pqm11

PQM (Canadian Pottery)  Pb-pqm12

PQM (Canadian Pottery)  Pb-pqm13

It is a small vase with a Seahorse design on it and has like weeping gold drizzled on it. Looks to be around the 60's era IMHO as Seahorses were popular in that era. Again just a guess on the age...but clearly marked PQM Canada (with a model number of 155) looks like.

You're absolutely right to do so Rose, thanks for showing us.

What does pqm stand for please?

xx

big ed wrote:Burt lancaster spat on me Sad

brin mcardle wrote:Probably no surprise...I love this

Taylor Thomas wrote:Have you got enough quotes Sue?

l33ham180 wrote:the wife wants massive

NaomiM wrote:...didn't even have the excuse it was for charity. Just liked his balls. Cheeky

dantheman wrote:I think it's shit

22 Crawford St. wrote:No one likes clowns.

skay
skay
Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 3351
Registration date : 2008-02-03

Back to top Go down

PQM (Canadian Pottery)  Empty PQM (Canadian Pottery)

Post by MariaMH March 12th 2012, 5:57 pm

I have a few PQM pieces as well, and I have also found very little 'confirmable' details on the company.

I like your pieces much better than mine - I have 3 PQM planter pots with rather mediocre glazes. I'll see if I can find the photos and post them, even if just for information gathering purposes.
MariaMH

Female Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

PQM (Canadian Pottery)  Empty PQM (Canadian Pottery) Planter pot

Post by MariaMH March 12th 2012, 6:29 pm

This planter pot has a PQM 183 Canada mark, but additional inscribed initials have been added, possibly the painter's initals??

PQM (Canadian Pottery)  Pqm_pl12

PQM (Canadian Pottery)  Pqm_pl13
MariaMH

Female Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by antiquerose123 March 13th 2012, 12:48 pm

skay wrote:

You're absolutely right to do so Rose, thanks for showing us.

What does pqm stand for please?

xx

Thanks Skay ---- Still trying to find out for sure what it stands for....

antiquerose123
antiquerose123

Back to top Go down

Post by antiquerose123 March 13th 2012, 12:49 pm

MariaMH wrote:I have a few PQM pieces as well, and I have also found very little 'confirmable' details on the company.

I like your pieces much better than mine - I have 3 PQM planter pots with rather mediocre glazes. I'll see if I can find the photos and post them, even if just for information gathering purposes.

Clap Glad to hear someone else has some too Clap
antiquerose123
antiquerose123

Back to top Go down

Post by antiquerose123 March 14th 2012, 7:17 pm

Oh, yeah -- almost forgot these PQM vases. Retro bright Orange/Redish color with more "Seahorses" on them. Gotta be from the retro period. Do not have a pic of the bottom, but I still had them here in files on PQM so I know they were marked.

PQM (Canadian Pottery)  847164

PQM (Canadian Pottery)  X-sold10

antiquerose123
antiquerose123

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum