small face pot, incised, signed - Riccardo Gatti Ceramica

2 posters

Go down

small face pot, incised, signed - Riccardo Gatti Ceramica Empty small face pot, incised, signed - Riccardo Gatti Ceramica

Post by postmodernnut February 27th 2011, 1:18 am

We cannot remember where we got it from, but think it was a German dealer, but not sure. It is 14.7 cm tall, only the vace itself is glazed, though the nose ridge has been burnished. There is a lava like glaze at the mouth of the pot. As always any and all comments/thoughts welcome.
Jack
Photobucket" alt="" />
Photobucket" alt="" />
postmodernnut
postmodernnut

Male Number of posts : 234
Registration date : 2011-02-24

Back to top Go down

small face pot, incised, signed - Riccardo Gatti Ceramica Empty Re: small face pot, incised, signed - Riccardo Gatti Ceramica

Post by dantheman February 27th 2011, 9:25 am

Gatti rings a bell,it looks Italian

Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 15419
Registration date : 2008-02-03

Back to top Go down

small face pot, incised, signed - Riccardo Gatti Ceramica Empty Re: small face pot, incised, signed - Riccardo Gatti Ceramica

Post by postmodernnut April 28th 2011, 2:45 am

I have finally been able to do some searching and came up with "Riccardo Gatti Ceramica". He founded Bottega d'Arte Ceramica Gatti. But I could not find any work that is at all similar to the pot. His work is mostly using metallic glazes and I couldn't find any pieces that were stoneware. Though it could possibly be early work. The search continues.
Thanks
Jack
postmodernnut
postmodernnut

Male Number of posts : 234
Registration date : 2011-02-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum