Need help on a signature. (paperweight) - Robert Stephan USA

4 posters

Go down

Need help on a signature. (paperweight) - Robert Stephan USA Empty Need help on a signature. (paperweight) - Robert Stephan USA

Post by westred November 28th 2010, 4:26 am

I purchased this paperweight a few years ago and found it while cleaning up my collection.  I would like to see if any of you would recognize the signature?
It's 3 3/4" tall and has a very sharp cut facet (window, so to speak) and inside it shows off a very wonderful (candle & flame tip)  if you place it on a light pedestal!
As you will see from the photos included, it has an iridized surface except for where it was cut on the face and bottom.  I thought after looking at the signature again, that it was someone at Kosta Boda, but I am not sure now.  If you can just peek at the photos I posted below, maybe someone will recognize this signature:

Need help on a signature. (paperweight) - Robert Stephan USA Img_2610

Need help on a signature. (paperweight) - Robert Stephan USA Img_2611

Need help on a signature. (paperweight) - Robert Stephan USA Img_2612

Need help on a signature. (paperweight) - Robert Stephan USA Img_2613

Need help on a signature. (paperweight) - Robert Stephan USA Img_2614

Need help on a signature. (paperweight) - Robert Stephan USA Geode_10

If anyone could help me with this signature, I would be much obliged....I blew one up a little and tried to make it stand out more, but I think it is fairly clear either way.

Thanks, as always,

Last edited by denbydump on February 9th 2023, 4:14 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : pos ID)
westred
westred

Male Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2010-08-10

Back to top Go down

Need help on a signature. (paperweight) - Robert Stephan USA Empty Got it!

Post by westred December 1st 2010, 7:08 pm

After doing more research on my own, I finally got confirmation that this is a Robert Stephan "Veiled Candle" piece.
westred
westred

Back to top Go down

Need help on a signature. (paperweight) - Robert Stephan USA Empty Re: Need help on a signature. (paperweight) - Robert Stephan USA

Post by Pip December 1st 2010, 8:08 pm

Thanks for letting us know- I looked at the signature but couldn't work it out and it didn't ring any bells with me. Sadly, I'm not that great on American glass (not because I don't like it - I do - but because we just see so little of it around here I rarely get my hands on any).

Pip
Pip
Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 3331
Registration date : 2008-02-02

http://www.pips-trip.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Need help on a signature. (paperweight) - Robert Stephan USA Empty Re: Need help on a signature. (paperweight) - Robert Stephan USA

Post by westred December 1st 2010, 8:54 pm

Pip(ster), you don't like American Glass? I know we are a very "young" country, but we have many talented artists, that came from Europe, over here! I am amazed at this discovery! LOL! Shock
westred
westred

Back to top Go down

Post by skay December 1st 2010, 9:32 pm

Westred, Pip didn't say she didn't like American glass Happy

xx

big ed wrote:Burt lancaster spat on me Sad

brin mcardle wrote:Probably no surprise...I love this

Taylor Thomas wrote:Have you got enough quotes Sue?

l33ham180 wrote:the wife wants massive

NaomiM wrote:...didn't even have the excuse it was for charity. Just liked his balls. Cheeky

dantheman wrote:I think it's shit

22 Crawford St. wrote:No one likes clowns.

skay
skay
Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 3351
Registration date : 2008-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by westred December 2nd 2010, 1:13 am

skay....I was just paying her back for the last comment she made above my last reply. It was all in jest. I read her reply wrong, now that I look at it again.... Insane !!

It's been one of those days! I didn't mean anything rude towards Pip. I hope she understands?
westred
westred

Back to top Go down

Post by Nic December 2nd 2010, 1:28 am

American glass occasionally washes up on these shores. At the last second-hand market I visited there was a beautiful Blenko bottle-vase - I ran to the ATM so I could make it mine but someone had snapped it up before I got back. *sniff*
Nic
Nic
Administrator
Administrator

Male Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2008-03-21

http://www.wilsonandcoleman.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by westred December 2nd 2010, 2:02 am

I might have to let you guys see some of the American Blown Glass I have found at local thrift stores.....As a matter of fact, Nic, I just found and bought a large Blenko ruffled-top vase, with Blenko sticker attached, in a crazy beautiful blue hue. It is a newer one, though. Probably made in 2000-2008. But it is MINT and very spectacular, especially for what I paid for it! Happy
westred
westred

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum