A pair of glass lamps, can anyone suggest a manufacturer?

2 posters

Go down

A pair of glass lamps, can anyone suggest a manufacturer? Empty A pair of glass lamps, can anyone suggest a manufacturer?

Post by heygarth54 October 5th 2010, 4:17 pm

A pair of glass lamps, can anyone suggest a manufacturer? 213
I came across this pair of lamp bases today, they are 14in tall with an irridescent floral design, they have about half an inch of clear glass at the base and are fairly heavy. I have been unable to look at the base as they are firmly fitted to the wooden plinth. The main body colour of the glass is cream. Has anyone any ideas as to age or origin ? (they have recently been rewired).
heygarth54

Male Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2010-07-30

Back to top Go down

A pair of glass lamps, can anyone suggest a manufacturer? Empty Re: A pair of glass lamps, can anyone suggest a manufacturer?

Post by Nic October 5th 2010, 4:31 pm

They look to be reverse-painted (painted on the inside of the glass, with the top highlights being painted first, and the background being applied last).

See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reverse_glass_painting

It's not really my field, so I'm not able to add any whos, wheres or whens - although they look quite Oriental to my eyes.
Nic
Nic
Administrator
Administrator

Male Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2008-03-21

http://www.wilsonandcoleman.co.uk

Back to top Go down

A pair of glass lamps, can anyone suggest a manufacturer? Empty Re: A pair of glass lamps, can anyone suggest a manufacturer?

Post by heygarth54 October 5th 2010, 5:41 pm

Thanks for the info' Nic, I think you're right about them being reverse painted as they are totally smooth on the outside.
heygarth54

Male Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2010-07-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum