Unsigned Highland Cattle landscape in pastels (i think) 1976

Go down

Unsigned Highland Cattle landscape in pastels (i think) 1976 Empty Unsigned Highland Cattle landscape in pastels (i think) 1976

Post by Guest August 8th 2010, 12:55 pm

Just thought i would add this picture, i have no idea who the artist is and probably never will know, the picture is unsigned which is a shame really i quite like it. think it is done in pastels although what i know about art is not alot and could be written on the back of a postage stamp, on the board at the back of the frame it is written (Christmas 1976) Why the person did not add their name is beyond me, anyway take a look i know its a long shot but someone here may just recognise their style of work.
Photo does not do the picture any justice due to reflection from the glass
rob s.
Unsigned Highland Cattle landscape in pastels (i think) 1976 Image333

Back to top Go down

Unsigned Highland Cattle landscape in pastels (i think) 1976 Empty Re: Unsigned Highland Cattle landscape in pastels (i think) 1976

Post by skay August 8th 2010, 1:13 pm

Unsigned Highland Cattle landscape in pastels (i think) 1976 212118 Nice colours on the mountains and sky, I like it too.

I'm no expert, and without being rude, I would think its probably an amateur example. The brown cow's head doesn't look that skilled. Given to a friend / family for xmas?

xx

big ed wrote:Burt lancaster spat on me Sad

brin mcardle wrote:Probably no surprise...I love this

Taylor Thomas wrote:Have you got enough quotes Sue?

l33ham180 wrote:the wife wants massive

NaomiM wrote:...didn't even have the excuse it was for charity. Just liked his balls. Cheeky

dantheman wrote:I think it's shit

22 Crawford St. wrote:No one likes clowns.

skay
skay
Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 3351
Registration date : 2008-02-03

Back to top Go down

Unsigned Highland Cattle landscape in pastels (i think) 1976 Empty Re: Unsigned Highland Cattle landscape in pastels (i think) 1976

Post by Guest August 8th 2010, 2:06 pm

I think i will agree on that, the cows are not quite right, the colours on the mountains and sky is the reason i like it.

I also have a signed watercolour landscape but is quite old thinking 19th century and this being 20th century forum don't know if i should post it on here?

Thanks

rob s

Back to top Go down

Post by skay August 8th 2010, 4:10 pm

Unsigned Highland Cattle landscape in pastels (i think) 1976 137229 You could in the show & tell section Unsigned Highland Cattle landscape in pastels (i think) 1976 212118

xx

big ed wrote:Burt lancaster spat on me Sad

brin mcardle wrote:Probably no surprise...I love this

Taylor Thomas wrote:Have you got enough quotes Sue?

l33ham180 wrote:the wife wants massive

NaomiM wrote:...didn't even have the excuse it was for charity. Just liked his balls. Cheeky

dantheman wrote:I think it's shit

22 Crawford St. wrote:No one likes clowns.

skay
skay
Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 3351
Registration date : 2008-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum