Tall, Thick Bottom Vase / Smokey And Green

2 posters

Go down

Tall, Thick Bottom Vase / Smokey And Green Empty Tall, Thick Bottom Vase / Smokey And Green

Post by Dorian_Graye September 16th 2009, 6:16 pm

The smokey glass vase is 11.5" inches tall with a small bubble in it's base and the green vase is 10" inches tall.

Tall, Thick Bottom Vase / Smokey And Green Img_0416

Tall, Thick Bottom Vase / Smokey And Green Img_0419

Tall, Thick Bottom Vase / Smokey And Green Img_0417

Tall, Thick Bottom Vase / Smokey And Green Img_0418
Dorian_Graye
Dorian_Graye

Male Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2009-07-03

Back to top Go down

Tall, Thick Bottom Vase / Smokey And Green Empty Re: Tall, Thick Bottom Vase / Smokey And Green

Post by Pip September 17th 2009, 12:44 pm

Re: the grey vase on the left, I find these types of vases, if unsigned and with no label, almost impossible to ID. Obviously there are some 20th century bubbled based vases in similar styles by designers like Tapio Wirrkala but equally similar contemporary vases have been churned out in vast numbers by companies like Krosno and retailed in TK Maxx (or similar). Even when actually handling these I sometimes have problems working out if they're old or new production unless heavily wearmarked to the base.

Re: the green vase on the right - it looks to be a 1970s design for Riihimaki - is it approximately 10 inches tall?

Pip
Pip
Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 3331
Registration date : 2008-02-02

http://www.pips-trip.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Tall, Thick Bottom Vase / Smokey And Green Empty Re: Tall, Thick Bottom Vase / Smokey And Green

Post by Dorian_Graye September 17th 2009, 1:10 pm

Hi. Thanks for responding. Yes, the green vase is 10" inches tall. If it is Riihimaki, would this be a Tamara Aladin design?
Dorian_Graye
Dorian_Graye

Male Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2009-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Pip September 17th 2009, 1:53 pm

None of my books have it attributed to a particular designer however I suspect that it could be part of the 1976 Export Collection of vases designed by Tamara Aladin so it's possible/probable.

Pip
Pip
Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 3331
Registration date : 2008-02-02

http://www.pips-trip.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum