Cheerful goofy 16 inch wall plaque: RSS mark

3 posters

Go down

Cheerful goofy 16 inch wall plaque: RSS mark Empty Cheerful goofy 16 inch wall plaque: RSS mark

Post by irl April 12th 2024, 4:21 am

This cheerful wall plaque c. 1990, was sadly smashed in shipping. I have hopes that there might be something similar to be found, if I can discover the potter. RRS. Probably West Coast. Two images.
Cheerful goofy 16 inch wall plaque: RSS mark Img_2310
Cheerful goofy 16 inch wall plaque: RSS mark Img_2210
irl
irl

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2023-11-07

Back to top Go down

Cheerful goofy 16 inch wall plaque: RSS mark Empty Re: Cheerful goofy 16 inch wall plaque: RSS mark

Post by philpot April 12th 2024, 8:04 am

The C in a circle is the Copyright symbol. The letters identify the owner of the illustration. So this is a commercial piece Given the picture it might well be a souvenir of a Film, place. book or event.
philpot
philpot

Number of posts : 6450
Registration date : 2010-11-06

Back to top Go down

Cheerful goofy 16 inch wall plaque: RSS mark Empty Re: Cheerful goofy 16 inch wall plaque: RSS mark

Post by NaomiM April 12th 2024, 11:43 am

I’m afraid most of us are based in the U.K. and not familiar with US and Canadian ceramics. It’s possible it’s a hand decorated commercial piece but US marking is very esoteric so it could just as easily be studio pottery. The Marks Project of US studio pottery is the best place to start

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31598
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by irl April 13th 2024, 4:32 pm

Thanks I should have mentioned I started at The Marks Project, and came up empty handed. Ta.
irl
irl

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2023-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum