Italian Ceramic Horse vase, CA Felce, Sesto Fior (Fiorentino)

3 posters

Go down

Italian Ceramic Horse vase, CA Felce, Sesto Fior (Fiorentino) Empty Italian Ceramic Horse vase, CA Felce, Sesto Fior (Fiorentino)

Post by stupotty65 August 14th 2023, 6:01 pm

HI all,
Please is anyone able to identify my vase for me?
It's driving me nuts trying to trace details of maker, origin, age etc.
I've tried reverse image searches on the net, as well as searching for the text and image of the makers mark on the base, all to no avail other than a few morsels of 'mirrored' text idents on a famous web auction site! ( e + curved coastal shoreline!)
I have attached a picture of the vase itself and the marks from its base. We did have a pair of them but the cat decided that he didn't like them and trashed one of them to its doom!
The vase is approx 9 inches tall, 6.5 inches wide, with a depth of around 2.5 inches. All white glaze with gold/gilt embellishments.
Thank you in kind anticipation of any info that you can avail me of.
Stu

Italian Ceramic Horse vase, CA Felce, Sesto Fior (Fiorentino) 20230811
Italian Ceramic Horse vase, CA Felce, Sesto Fior (Fiorentino) 20230812
Italian Ceramic Horse vase, CA Felce, Sesto Fior (Fiorentino) 20230810
stupotty65
stupotty65

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2020-11-30

Back to top Go down

Italian Ceramic Horse vase, CA Felce, Sesto Fior (Fiorentino) Empty Re: Italian Ceramic Horse vase, CA Felce, Sesto Fior (Fiorentino)

Post by studio-pots August 14th 2023, 7:42 pm

Sesto Fior is Sesto Fiorentino, which is in N. W. Florence, Tuscany.

Esty sellers say that C. A. Felce is the name of the factory but I can't find anything to confirm that.

Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 7813
Registration date : 2011-02-17

http://www.studio-pots.com

Back to top Go down

Italian Ceramic Horse vase, CA Felce, Sesto Fior (Fiorentino) Empty Re: Italian Ceramic Horse vase, CA Felce, Sesto Fior (Fiorentino)

Post by Pugmill August 14th 2023, 8:54 pm

Perhaps you could contact the museum mentioned.

https://www.visittuscany.com/en/crafts/sesto-fiorentino-ceramics/
Pugmill
Pugmill

Number of posts : 294
Registration date : 2013-12-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Pugmill August 14th 2023, 8:55 pm

there is also the Ceramica Sestese Archive, a documentation centre for ceramic technology that conserves thousands of models, plaster models, shapes, sketches and period photographs.
Pugmill
Pugmill

Number of posts : 294
Registration date : 2013-12-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum