Very interesting Brass Lighter marked Butlins Camp

3 posters

Go down

Very interesting  Brass Lighter marked Butlins Camp  Empty Very interesting Brass Lighter marked Butlins Camp

Post by Alex J Mon May 29, 2023 5:50 pm

This is a interesting one

Brass WW1 Lighter by The PARR UL Mfg co
marked Butlins Camp on the side

This was purchased in Skegness from a flee market 20 years ago.

The interesting fact is that Skegness Holiday camp in WW2 was used as a army camp ( HMS Royal Arthur )

Or this could be a tourist piece when they first opened in 1936 ?
Cant fine another with this...Very interesting  Brass Lighter marked Butlins Camp  212
Very interesting  Brass Lighter marked Butlins Camp  711

Alex J
Alex J

Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2018-12-05

Back to top Go down

Very interesting  Brass Lighter marked Butlins Camp  Empty Re: Very interesting Brass Lighter marked Butlins Camp

Post by studio-pots Mon May 29, 2023 5:57 pm

The Parr Manufacturing Company was a company that produced a variety of lighters, including brass lighters, during the early 20th century. The company was based in Freeport, Illinois, and is known for producing lighters that were used by the US military during both World War I and World War II.

"UL" likely indicates that it was approved for use by the Underwriters Laboratories, a safety consulting and certification company that was founded in 1894.

If US servicemen were stationed there during World War II then I suspect that is the most likely option.

Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 7813
Registration date : 2011-02-17

http://www.studio-pots.com

Back to top Go down

Very interesting  Brass Lighter marked Butlins Camp  Empty Re: Very interesting Brass Lighter marked Butlins Camp

Post by Alex J Mon May 29, 2023 6:02 pm

Thank you .. Not sure if american service men were based their as was a recruit training camp.
But as you say I am sure this is where it came from
Alex J
Alex J

Back to top Go down

Post by tenpot Tue May 30, 2023 11:19 am

I wentto that camp in the 1950's can't remember a thing about it except the badges
tenpot
tenpot

Male Number of posts : 2635
Registration date : 2008-06-07

http://aucoustier.blogspot.fr/

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex J Tue May 30, 2023 2:39 pm

Thats what makes me think, it was not a tourist item from there ...And linked to the Service men
Alex J
Alex J

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum