Adorable and large river otter figurine - Strawberry Hill pottery, Canada

2 posters

Go down

Adorable and large river otter figurine - Strawberry Hill pottery, Canada  Empty Adorable and large river otter figurine - Strawberry Hill pottery, Canada

Post by pnwtiger Thu May 25, 2023 4:20 pm

I've had this adorable piece for sometime and have not seen one single piece like it. It's quite large and appears to be a river otter with a distinct mark. Found in the USA.

A couple of noticeable features (to me anyway) are the cutout eyes and the very minimalist design of the whole piece. Perhaps a clue but I'm stumped.

I've included two photos of the mark depending on which way it could be read. MHS/SHW/STTW???

It's a 12" high.
And 10.5" tail to front foot.

Adorable and large river otter figurine - Strawberry Hill pottery, Canada  Img_1116
Adorable and large river otter figurine - Strawberry Hill pottery, Canada  Img_1117
Adorable and large river otter figurine - Strawberry Hill pottery, Canada  Img_1118Adorable and large river otter figurine - Strawberry Hill pottery, Canada  Img_1119
Adorable and large river otter figurine - Strawberry Hill pottery, Canada  Img_1120
Adorable and large river otter figurine - Strawberry Hill pottery, Canada  Img_1121
pnwtiger
pnwtiger

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2022-07-28

Back to top Go down

Adorable and large river otter figurine - Strawberry Hill pottery, Canada  Empty Re: Adorable and large river otter figurine - Strawberry Hill pottery, Canada

Post by NaomiM Thu May 25, 2023 5:10 pm

Nice piece. By Strawberry Hill pottery, Thunder Bay, Canada.

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31541
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Adorable and large river otter figurine - Strawberry Hill pottery, Canada  Empty Re: Adorable and large river otter figurine - Strawberry Hill pottery, Canada

Post by pnwtiger Thu May 25, 2023 5:47 pm

Well, that was easy! It's so crazy with random searches and I'm even right near Canada. Ugh.  Adorable and large river otter figurine - Strawberry Hill pottery, Canada  1f602

Thanks so much, Naomi!
pnwtiger
pnwtiger

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM Thu May 25, 2023 8:25 pm

Most of our members are based in the U.K. but Strawberry Hill pieces turn up here fairly regularly

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by pnwtiger Thu May 25, 2023 10:10 pm

Right. I haven't found a forum or place on the web for helping identify pottery more local here. Any other recommendations? I know of Design Addict (mostly furniture though) and I frequent that but it's not always the best for pottery and ceramics.
pnwtiger
pnwtiger

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM Thu May 25, 2023 10:13 pm

These the Studio Pottery Identification (US) group on Facebook

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by pnwtiger Thu May 25, 2023 11:59 pm

Thanks!!
pnwtiger
pnwtiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum