Wakefield ART OF THE POTTER exhibition 2024

2 posters

Go down

Wakefield ART OF THE POTTER exhibition 2024 Empty Wakefield ART OF THE POTTER exhibition 2024

Post by philpot March 29th 2023, 10:40 am

https://www.creativetourist.com/event/the-art-of-the-potter-ceramics-and-sculpture-from-1930-to-now/

All year exhibition of Wakefield museum's Pots! Looks interesting with some Top Pots. Not one word is mentioned about their extensive collection of John Ward Pots though! Note £12 entry.
What with the vast selection of Studio Pottery at York Art Gallery Yorkshire is probably one of the best areas in the country to see Studio Pottery. The Wakefield does tend to hide its pots though when not in exhibition,
philpot
philpot

Number of posts : 6396
Registration date : 2010-11-06

Back to top Go down

Wakefield ART OF THE POTTER exhibition 2024 Empty Re: Wakefield ART OF THE POTTER exhibition 2024

Post by croker March 29th 2023, 12:40 pm

I intend to visit this exhibition when the weather decides to change.The Hepworth is primarily concerned with art objects and as such only has a minor interest in pottery although it has quite a large collection ,many collectors donate their collections to museums only to find that after an initial token showing they rarely see the light of day. I see that the BBC journalist Tim Sayer has recently left his art collection including Henderson pots to the Hepworth.
croker
croker

Number of posts : 675
Registration date : 2021-01-20

Back to top Go down

Wakefield ART OF THE POTTER exhibition 2024 Empty Re: Wakefield ART OF THE POTTER exhibition 2024

Post by philpot March 29th 2023, 12:48 pm

https://hepworthwakefield.org/our-art-artists/collections/tim-sayer-bequest/

It looks an interesting collection.
A number of times in recent years we have stayed in Leeds City Centre, having used the train. It is nice and central for York, Harrogate, Wakefield and a number of other places around Central Yorkshire.
philpot
philpot

Number of posts : 6396
Registration date : 2010-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post by croker March 29th 2023, 1:04 pm

I must admit Philpot i haven't been on proper train journey for years, although i like the thought of travelling by railway the car always wins, you benefit from a good position in Cambridge for access to the north and London by rail . Tim Sayer was a good friend of Ewen Henderson.
croker
croker

Number of posts : 675
Registration date : 2021-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum