Dune Scene Vase - James McAnnalen, Michigan

3 posters

Go down

Dune Scene Vase - James McAnnalen, Michigan Empty Dune Scene Vase - James McAnnalen, Michigan

Post by bbruce January 17th 2023, 5:25 pm

Hi, This is a vase I've had for a few years.  Every once in a while I'll return the the web and try again.  I've spent an hour or two today and not had any luck.  I'm hoping someone out there will be better than I at decoding (deciphering) the signature. The vase is hand thrown and painted all the way around with what appears to me to be a dune scene.  There is a mostly legible signature on the bottom with just enough letters letters I can't read to make any sense of it.  I've substituted asterisks for the letters I cannot read below.  I've also included a couple images of the vase and signature.  

" M. S.  A**LLE**  

Any assistance would be sincerely appreciated.  Thanks.

Begards,

Bill

Dune Scene Vase - James McAnnalen, Michigan Potter13

Dune Scene Vase - James McAnnalen, Michigan Potter11

Dune Scene Vase - James McAnnalen, Michigan Potter12

Dune Scene Vase - James McAnnalen, Michigan Potter10
bbruce
bbruce

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2020-11-04

Back to top Go down

Dune Scene Vase - James McAnnalen, Michigan Empty Re: Dune Scene Vase - James McAnnalen, Michigan

Post by FaithfullJohn January 18th 2023, 1:08 pm

Wondering if it might be a "Mc..." name. Could possibly be something like McAualley, or McAuallife. There are lots of variant spellings of many Scots names...
FaithfullJohn
FaithfullJohn

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2023-01-11

Back to top Go down

Dune Scene Vase - James McAnnalen, Michigan Empty Re: Dune Scene Vase - James McAnnalen, Michigan

Post by PhilosophiaSB January 18th 2023, 1:21 pm

James Mc Annalen Michigan

Dune Scene Vase - James McAnnalen, Michigan 1704058305
PhilosophiaSB
PhilosophiaSB

Female Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2022-07-15

Back to top Go down

Dune Scene Vase - James McAnnalen, Michigan Empty James (Jim) McAnallen it is!

Post by bbruce January 19th 2023, 3:25 am

Thanks PhilosophiaSB and FaithfulJohn.   I'd never in a million years have figured that out.  I was close except I didn't see the second letter as a c and without seeing that I never would have gotten it.  Still can't see the c in Mc but I know it's right so again thanks a bunch!  Looking around online it doesn't look representative of his work, actually I like it better than most.
Regards,
Bill
bbruce
bbruce

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2020-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum